Adventure Games Museum

Started by Gribbler, Thu 24/04/2014 22:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

donkeymilk

i have Bureau 13 in a box with a copy protection single sheet that is sort of black with faint words on.
You have to shine a torch on it to try and pick out the words u need ,so u can enter them at the start of the game.

Gribbler

Quote from: donkeymilki have Bureau 13 in a box with a copy protection single sheet that is sort of black with faint words on.
You have to shine a torch on it to try and pick out the words u need ,so u can enter them at the start of the game.
Seeing is believing. Post it. :)

arj0n

Like a midieval torch? Awesomeness!

;)

pictures please :)

donkeymilk

i might have been misunderstood ,methinks.:cheesy:

When i said torch,i meant the faint "white" wording on the black sheet that comes with the game is so hard to read ,you have to go and get a torch(with battries in)
to try and make the words show or maybe stand near a window with lots of sunlight.
Anyway when i get the chance i'll post a pic .(i'm not at my flat atmo)
Though it probably doesn't deserve a pic now :)

arj0n

Quote from: donkeymilk on Wed 25/06/2014 22:50:24
i might have been misunderstood ,methinks.:cheesy:
hehheh, no that was just me doing a silly joke ;)

Gribbler

Yep, this is a silly place. :)

arj0n

Who doesn't remember the space adventures of the notorious vegetables abstainer named Billy Blaze:?

EXHIBIT #32: Commander Keen: "Goodbye, Galaxy!" (1991)

Commercial box containing 2 episodes:
Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle
Commander Keen 5: The Armageddon Machine

Box:

Media:

Software Reg Card:

Hintbook Book:

Hintbook Book p2 & 3:

Hintbook Book p4 & 5:

Hintbook Book p6 & 7:

Wolfenstein 3-D Add:

Game Catalog:

Among the several shareware editions of 'Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle' is the 'Ramgang' shareware edition .

Wolfenstein 3-D Add:

Media:

The reason I also posted this 'Ramgang Edition' is that they came with an Apogee Collector's Card  :-D

Collector's Card nr. 3 of 9 - Hocus Pocus (front&back):

Adeel

I miss those days when your avatar used to be this one with a personal text about pogo stick! :-D

arj0n

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 05/07/2014 17:37:29
I miss those days when your avatar used to be this one with a personal text about pogo stick! :-D
:-D

arj0n

Looks like he's back 8-)

Adeel

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 12/07/2014 20:12:41
Looks like he's back 8-)

You can't believe how I happy I was to see him back again. And this new animated avatar is more cool! Thanks Arj0n! :-D

arj0n

hehheh, and it's in glorious 4 color, oldskool whoohoo! (laugh)

Sslaxx

I think this is somewhat relevant to this thread - http://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4=15699 - just a little curiosity about Planetfall 2.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

m0ds

Exhibit #33

Flight Of The Amazon Queen

(re-play edition, "the world's greatest games in their original packaging")

I may try and add some more pics, for example there are some funny bits in the manual. But what you see is all I got with it. No funky extras. If someone has an ORIGINAL I'd be very interested to see! :)

First game I bought for myself (via mail order)... and for some reason the only one I still have fully in-tact... :D

Bit annoyed, I used to have Operation Stealth box, discs and manual with copy protection. Anyone else got that? I also had another one, 4 or 6 CD FMV game but I can't remember it's name, one of the CD's is around here somewhere.... never played it, couldn't get it to run. I'd also be interested to see if someone has Noctropolis original packaging?

Cassiebsg

Exhibit #34: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the FathersTM

Been "home" for x-mas and found my pride and glory. :-D Been wanting to post it since Gribbler opened this thread.

General view of contents, minus about 4 registration cards (the CD had no front/back cover, so I scanned the box and printed those myself):

View of the CD and Manual cover art:

Front Box:

Back Box:

Manual and comic book cover art:

A random page from the comic:

I have refrained from posting the warranty and registration cards as I think they are not needed, but if you guys want I can always take a picture of those too.

(I'll be adding more adventure games, as I found I had a lot more originals than I thought/remembered... though some/most are in Portuguese - hope that is okay?)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gribbler

WOW! This is the copy I've been looking on eBay for months. :) Beautiful!

As you probably know I haven't been posting new exhibits for quite some time. I've been moving to a new flat so all the games were packed. I will post new games soon!

Cassiebsg

Exhibit #35: Ripley's Believe it or Not: The Riddle of Master Lu

Box art:

Higher res of back cover:

Mini players guide:

The CD:

Inside the Manual:

Cassiebsg

@Gribbler: You won't find my copy on ebay... not as long as I decide it's fate anyway. ;)
I'll be posting a few games as I manage to edit the pictures... I took 104 picture in total... 8-0

Good luck with the moving. (nod)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. :-[
Is it okay to double post, when posting a new game to the museum?
I also feel that there should be an index right at first post, that one could maintain and update when a new game gets posted in here. I can't remember if it's possible for an Admin to "insert" a new post at the start, probably not. If not, there are two options:
Option 1: Gribbler edits his post and adds an index to it.
Option 2: Create a new thread for the index (no possibility to reply there), and then Gribbled could just add a line with the Link for for index on the first post.
Too much work? Maybe... I just feel it's a bit hard to keep track of what is posted and what I have that is not... (roll) Probably as the thread grows it'll keep getting harder to follow up with it.

Gribbler

I will make a list of games posted so far. Hopefully today.

Cassiebsg

Exhibit #36: Shadoan

I honestly can't remember if I ever played this one... I bought a lot of games when our software club closed (they rented the games out), and maybe I never got to try this one... ???

Box art:

CD and Manual:

Back of the CD box:

The CDs:

Back of the CD box (do I really have 2 copies?):

A bit of story:

Map of Shadoan (from the manual):

EDIT: Now that I come to think, that first CD was probably one of the many I bought when I was in China... a pirate copy :-[ that I then put inside the box of the original.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk