Cale Quest

Started by Amuzo1, Thu 01/05/2014 06:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Amuzo1

If you're looking for adventure…
you'll find it in Matlock!

Cale Quest is the story of the hungriest man in the strangest town.

You are Cale, a young man who wakes with an insatiable hunger.   You do not want a candy bar or an apple.  You do not want ice-cream.  You will settle for nothing less than the finest sandwich in all the land!

Journey through the mysterious Midwestern hamlet of Matlock, U.S.A!

Find special ingredients for the most powerful sandwich man ever sought!

Encounter a bizarre cast of characters!

Who will be helpful?

Who will be disruptive?

Who will be totally useless?

Downlaod Cale Quest for PC or MAC and visit us at http://amuzoarts.com

Have a question?  You can reach us at contact@amuzoarts.com

Thank you for playing and we hope you enjoy!

Matti

This looks like fun, I'll try it out soon!

shaun9991

downloading now, looks fun! congrats on release
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Amuzo1

Thanks guys!  Hope you're enjoying it.  :grin:;-D

It feels pretty surreal having it done!

Monsieur OUXX

I like the energetic, kind-of "in your face" close-ups and tight frames.

Amuzo1

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 05/05/2014 12:13:08
I like the energetic, kind-of "in your face" close-ups and tight frames.

Thanks!  We had a lot of fun with those. :-D

sthomannch

Nice game!
Found the wizard especially entertaining. But now I got stuck with a technical problem
The closeup for yodelling
Spoiler

I can enter and leave the area, except when I select the lemon. I win the contest and get the reward, but the status bar at the top ("Walk" ... "Stuff") remains there and I cannot leave the area and cannot change the pointer anymore. Exit is grayed out. Everything seems to be blocked except that the cursor moves. Otherwise, nothing moves or changes
[close]
This also happens when I select the item and enter the area and try to leave.

Or am I overlooking something?

Restarted the game (from beginning), no more glitch

AprilSkies

I can't believe I missed this, Amuzo ;-D
Congrats for the release. I like the art, especially the close-ups (nod).

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Amuzo1

sthomannch:

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  We'll look into that bug for our next version. I'm sorry you had to start over, but glad you got through it.  Let me know if you have any more trouble.

Thanks for playing!

AprilSkies:

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

cat

Is there an installer-free version?

arj0n

cat

Shadow1000

I just finished playing this game and I really enjoyed it. I liked that the NPCs all had very distinct personalities. The art and animation was done well. I liked the light-hearted and sometimes silly nature of the game. The puzzles were mostly at a good level where they took some effort but never became impossible or overly frustrating. The in-game tip system (lantz) and the minigames were a nice touch.

I experienced the bug that I think was described above where the ability to select an icon (such as walk, look, etc) disappears. Another possible bug but I'm not sure:

Spoiler
At the end when you're looking for Hobo Joe, he shows on the map but when you go to the location indicated on the map he is never there. He did start speaking a few times at the location where he was supposed to be but he wasn't there! The way I found him in the end was because I saw his reflection in the barber shop and I decided to talk to where he should have been based on the reflection and the game continued.
[close]

I'm not sure if this was deliberate.

Anyway, great job!

SHADOW

Kitty Trouble

This was such a good game for a story about making the perfect sandwich. It was really entertaining. The death animations were all funny, and it even has an in-game arcade game for you to mess around with. This is very underrated especially since I noticed that it hasn't even had enough ratings to be shown on the main page, nor by the AGS panel. Note that I did have to right click and run in compatibility mode for windows 7 to get this to run on windows 10, but I recommend you try this game if you haven't.

There were a couple of bugs, which contain spoilers:

Spoiler
After putting on my costume and talking to the italian guy, I accidentally died by the car. Not wanting to hear the guy reminisce about Italy again, I clicked fast to skip all of the dialog. The game froze inside the building when I would click on something. When I reloaded and didn't skip through the dialog, it worked fine. I also somehow got stuck in a similar situation near the yodeler. When I would reload my save there, any attempt to click on anything in the upper menu froze the game. I couldn't reproduce that one.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk