AdventureX 2013

Started by , Thu 18/04/2013 23:39:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Intense Degree

Last year was good, I'll definitely try and come along again this year! :)

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Dave Gilbert

Yesss. Thanks, Mark!

Stee

Unlikely I will be there this year, I would have to fend for myself for accomodation (my buddy doesn't live in London anymore) and I doubt I could afford the london tax on a hotel, although have you finally got confirmation on place and dates just in case?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

m0ds

No problem Stee - but yes if you can make it, it's all confirmed, 6+7 Dec at SE1 6NG (Keyworth Centre) :)

A full new thread will be up in a day or two.

Azure

m0ds

Haha well you get curtains on your bunk! Never seen that before. And it has a bar and lots of other facilities, and an 86% rating... you sure it's not that good? :P

Azure

haha well my friend found some that put him off, but actually it looks OK? will leave it for AGS people to decide ;)

AGA

Quote from: Azure on Sun 07/09/2014 19:35:13
It's outer London so hotels will be a good deal cheaper. There's actually a Youth Hostel nearby, it doesn't have great reviews but should be OK for a night or two.
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Safestay-Elephant-and-Castle-Limited/London/55551?source=googleadwordshostelsbynamebff&KID=1163039&AID=2&sub_keyword=hostel+elephant+and+castle&sub_ad=p&sub_publisher=ADW&gclid=CMWs3Pzez8ACFSTMtAodjiMAoQ

Southwark is inner London, and Elephant is in zone 1 (/2 boundary, but shush).  Maybe you meant it's sahf of the river, so is cheaper!

Azure

It's south from Kennington so outer in my book ^_- but yes prices should be a bit cheaper than the hotels near the old venue.

AGA

Er, no it isn't...  Elephant is about half a mile to the north east of Kennington!  It just has more of the south London ambience (read: council estates and air of danger).

Dave Gilbert

So should there be another thread about this? With the proper year? :D

m0ds

Yep, soon. bit busy at the moment and not ready for the onslaught of emails and questions yet. But at least you know it's official. :=

And no harm sharing with you the most likely floorplan (just a rough one - it's all pretty much on ground floor, chillout on second floor, disabled access and lift to all areas). Note the cafe will most likely be closed, but there are some small shops nearby and a couple of restaraunts and bars. We should have on-site tea & coffee as per usual.

Technocrat

I can picture it already! And it'll be in throwing distance of lots of London's finest sights to see.

But that'd be wasting time when adventure games are being shown off.

AGA

There's also the Charlie Chaplin pub (http://finnella.co.uk/) that supposedly has some of the cheapest pints in central London.  And a cutting edge early 00s website.

Grundislav

So...any news on the official announcement? Airfares are starting to go up.

m0ds

No - But... it was official a page ago? :)

6+7 Dec, postcode above...

I wouldn't wait for an thread or website if you need/want to book flights & hotels - it may still be a week or so before those are online. But you got my personal guarantee and that of the venue that it IS happening!

edit: ah hell with it, new thread is up ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk