[TEST] Editor with Linux compilation (NEW! AGS 3.4.0+Linux) 2 Nov 2014

Started by monkey0506, Fri 02/05/2014 23:40:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Gurok on Tue 30/09/2014 01:54:19
We could almost do that automatically based on whether the project includes references to MP3 files.
There are functions that let you play mp3 files from disk. I don't think it will be possible to track these too.

Gurok

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 30/09/2014 08:18:14
Quote from: Gurok on Tue 30/09/2014 01:54:19
We could almost do that automatically based on whether the project includes references to MP3 files.
There are functions that let you play mp3 files from disk. I don't think it will be possible to track these too.

Yeah, I realised this. :D

It's also possible that someone might want to produce a no-MP3 version of their game without having to reorganise resources. So probably a good idea to keep the function separated from that. I'll retract that idea now... :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

monkey0506

Just a quick update on this particular discussion, but I've finally gotten around to splitting up the build process for the game data files and the actual Windows EXE. It's still kind of a mess because of the way the whole process was structured, but those interested can check out the code here. A lot of things need to be moved around, renamed, and just generally cleaned up, but this should allow other platforms (like Linux) to build their files without having to worry about what other platforms have or haven't been built (data file is always built first, beyond that there shouldn't be a need for any other co-dependency), and adding new platforms is much, much simpler with this new structuring.

Edit: I need to test that everything is properly working and also do a full rebuild of the engine for Linux, but I should now have a fully functioning build of this for Windows and Linux. 8-) Will post a full build for testing later.

Gurok

Is this the head + Linux or alpha 2 + Linux? Looks like alpha 2, but I'm not sure.

Excellent stuff. I can't wait to give it a try.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

monkey0506

Sorry about the confusing name, I'm kind of tired ATM... Keep telling myself, "just finish this thing and go to bed" (roll)

To be clear this is built with the latest changes in develop-3.4.0 branch as of this writing, so this is post-3.4.0.1 (post-alpha 2), but there is no alpha 3 build yet so this is considered pre-alpha 3 (pre-3.4.0.2).

I also went ahead and put in the pull request. Looking over it, I see how messy things got when I kept pulling in upstream branches (which CW mentioned to me), but that is what it is. Lesson learned for the future.

Gord10

I couldn't open 3.4.0.2+linux.rar file with my WinRAR. Its says "The archieve is either in unknown format or damaged."
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk