AGS BAKE SALE II: ALL DONE!

Started by Ponch, Mon 05/05/2014 19:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

There seems to have been a minor error with the node.js server in charge of providing the stats data, stopping the stats from being updated properly. Should be fixed now though! :)

Ponch

Thanks for all the support and well-wishes so far, guys. :cheesy:

EEP! I've just been informed that my game, 2034 AC II, has a nasty bug. Here's a patch for everyone who has already downloaded the game.
http://www.barnrunner.com/patches/2034ACII-Hotfix.zip

The bundle should be updated with a fixed copy of the game very shortly. I apologize for the oversight. I shall have my beta testing team taken out back and shot at once. :-[

Chicky

Yay games! Looking forward to playing at the weekend.

Ponch, maybe you should stop shooting your beta testers :-\ they'll learn eventually!

At least keep a couple to clean up after :grin:

Baron

Hey, I found the bug eventually.  Cut me some slack, P!  :P 

Ghost

Thanks for the fast patch-up, Ponch! Let's just call it a feature and all's golden (nod)

kconan

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 08/05/2014 17:56:00
...I shall have my beta testing team taken out back and shot at once. :-[

:-[  Well...It was just one major bug.

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Thu 08/05/2014 20:53:03
Hey, I found the bug eventually.  Cut me some slack, P!  :P 

Quote from: kconan on Fri 09/05/2014 03:25:54
:-[  Well...It was just one major bug.

Gentlemen, I'm going to need to see you out back. :P

selmiak

I was just about to check out from paypal back to the site when this happened:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting catch (T_CATCH) in /home/peder/bluecupbakesale.com/app/controllers/payment/complete.php on line 60
:(

Ghost

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 09/05/2014 20:30:17
I was just about to check out from paypal back to the site when this happened:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting catch (T_CATCH) in /home/peder/bluecupbakesale.com/app/controllers/payment/complete.php on line 60
:(

You pushed the button, right? (laugh)

selmiak

Noooooooooo, I never would!

well, maybe a little bit...

Peder 🚀

whoops.. sorry about that! I had to do some changes to the script earlier today because of when paying with "echecks" the order ended up being set as cancelled and not pending..
I did some bad copy pasting which was causing this error. Should all be fixed now though! So please try again! :).

selmiak

works again! now let's get some of them beaten!

Baron

Stickied.

Yeah, I'm not a mod but.... it makes me feel important to say it.  :)

Baron

BUMP!

We're halfway through the Bake Sale now, and the clock is ticking down.  How's everybody enjoying the games?  Here are my thoughts so far:

THAT DAMN DOG: I played this one first and really enjoyed it.  The canned laughter, the silly comedic situations in the... sit-com, the character development of Stephan: I thought the game was hilarious!

BEER!: High score so far 77,000, and the soundtrack is echoing through my mind even as I type this.  ;-D  I like that this game doesn't ask me to make any serious time commitment, so that I can play it when I only have 5 minutes.  I also thought the concept was brilliant: seemingly mindless speed-click game that actually really makes you think about how to solve each puzzle.

BLUE LOBE INC:  I haven't played it recently ;), but folks have been writing many encouraging words over in the CG thread

2034 A.C.II: I'm currently playing through this one (after a six month hiatus: I was an early beta-tester).  As a Canadian, I can vouch for the fact that Paige's goofy and well-meaning nattering is in fact authentic Canadian girl-speak, but the wicked and at times even dirty humour is pure Ponch. ;-D  I'm enjoying it the second time through!

So who's played any of these games?  Let's get some reviews up here in order to motivate the fence-sitters to do some downloading (nod) -there are only 12 days left!

Ghost

I got a gift of the bundle recently, and the games are well worth the money that someone else spent so that I could play them.

2034 AC 2: Ponch is a kick-ass writer of genuinely funny settings. Playing through the game (that I too at one point had the pleasure to test-drive) is like playing the manual for "How to lean on the fourth wall, then break it down, and toss confetti into the player's face, in 12 easy steps". Sadly the Canada jokes and references were lost on me; I always imagine it's a bit like East Fresian jokes in Germany but I lack the background to get the subtler ones. But the good thing is that there's actually some clever puzzles too, so apart from being funny and genre-savvy, it's also a really good and satisfying "classic adventure game".

That Damn Dog: I played through this one in a single session and loved the premise; putting a sitcom into a game and the player into the sitcom was a really cool setup. And really touching to see the damn dog not being that damned. Compared to last Sale's 12 Months In I was surprised to get such a "light" game from tzachs. Do I dare? Hell why not: So sitcom! Very chuckle! Wow!

BEER!: I never got into WarioWare but after a couple of false starts with Beer! I think I understand the fascination of microgames. I suck at many of them but that doesn't stop me from trying again... and again...
I am also using the Wallpaper from the goodies pack because it's trippy as hell. I already know Radiant for coming up with creative ways to code non-standard puzzles, and here it really gels well. It's a fun time waster and casual enough to pick it up for a short round (pun intentional).

Blue Lobe Inc.: I have not yet played it, but at least had a quick glace and I'll surely give it a spin soon.

All in all I'd like to add that the second bundle once more shows how different games can be and how unique their author's designs are. Thanks a bunch for having made this happen :)

Ponch

Baron

The logic of your inflated font size is compelling....  I feel as if I must purchase the bungle again! :=

m0ds

Yeah come on someone knock me off 3rd spot you cheapskate bastards!!!!! :=

Stupot

I get paid on Monday, so I'll be getting this next week x

Baron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk