Throw Me In The River

Started by reismahnic, Sat 25/07/2015 19:05:31

Previous topic - Next topic

reismahnic

Hello, a couple weeks ago I worked with a small team in Portland, Oregon on a week long game jam.
We made this short game called Throw Me In The River.
It is a story driven point and click adventure in which a man examines his life over the course of 80 years.
If you could play it and let me know what you think, that'd be really great!

Here is the link to the game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1943/

Thank you!
-Reis Mahnic

Monsieur OUXX

haroldw

I think you did an excellent job.   I enjoyed it a lot.   It's very experimental.  The graphics were fantastic.
I would never have accepted a serious theme that is surrounded by cartoons, but you managed to draw the characters in a way that they can be taken seriously.
I think the plot is complex, layered and well thought out.   I try to have complicated plots in my games,  but this one is very clever. 
You maintained total control over the story (all the way thru) - that's difficult to accomplish.

I'd have to  agree with Monsieur OUXX - intriguing.

drawbacks:  1)  can a "heavy" topic make an entertaining game ?? (for me yes, but probably not for the masses)

2)  would have liked it if the lead character could ask the busker to sing title song again
                    (it went too fast for me to catch the lyrics - I have a feeling the lyrics to the song play an important part in the game).

p.s. will echo this when I recommend it in games section - just wanted to give quick feedback here.

reismahnic

Wow, thank you so much haroldw!
I strongly believe that there are a lot of people out there like you who want this kind of experience from a game...
But like you, I also definitely think it's always going to be a 'niche' thing.
I want to work on more projects that are like this one.
Thanks again for the feedback.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk