Beer! (reflexy game for the 2nd Bake Sale)

Started by Radiant, Mon 05/05/2014 21:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Created for the second AGS Brewery Bake Sale, Beer! is a collection of frantic minigames where you have to grab the beer in each level under a very short time limit. Easy to pick up and difficult to master, this game rewards quick and out-of-the-box thinking. It comes with a cheerful cafe-style soundtrack, and assorted cast of bears and deer. It can be bought as part of the second Bake Sale bundle, the proceeds of which go to maintenance of our adventure game creation community.

Featuring 33 levels including a secret one, record keeping, and several cameos. Suitable for all ages; alcohol not included. Thanks to Fizzii for the art, Handsfree for the music.

Download here!

Baron

Haha!  The AI tic-tac-toe opponent is too hard for me.... >:(  I'm still figuring out half the levels, but my best score so far is 40K.  Maybe if I drink a little beer the other half of the levels will make more sense.... :=

Radiant

Quote from: Baron on Tue 20/05/2014 00:35:25
BEER!: High score so far 77,000, and the soundtrack is echoing through my mind even as I type this.  ;-D  I like that this game doesn't ask me to make any serious time commitment, so that I can play it when I only have 5 minutes.  I also thought the concept was brilliant: seemingly mindless speed-click game that actually really makes you think about how to solve each puzzle.

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 20/05/2014 01:49:27
I got a gift of the bundle recently, and the games are well worth the money that someone else spent so that I could play them.

BEER!: I never got into WarioWare but after a couple of false starts with Beer! I think I understand the fascination of microgames. I suck at many of them but that doesn't stop me from trying again... and again...
I am also using the Wallpaper from the goodies pack because it's trippy as hell. I already know Radiant for coming up with creative ways to code non-standard puzzles, and here it really gels well. It's a fun time waster and casual enough to pick it up for a short round (pun intentional).

CaptainD

What... what... what IS this game?!?!

Strangely compelling.  Very weird... 8-)

Baron

Last call, barflies!  This fun little game (and the rest of the Bake Sale 2 bundle) is only available for another 25 hours: better order another round just to be sure you'll have enough to last!  ;)

HandsFree

Huh?
Is that with or without my music? I don't know anything about that.

Fizzii

Apologies (and please see your inbox for a PM I've sent to you). Music has been redone and is by Matthew Chastney, as per the trailer music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk