Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Great suits there!  And the cursor is pretty sweet too.   :)

Cassiebsg

Overkill! (laugh)
But am sure some players will notice all the small cool details you're putting in and realize that this is a game made with love, not just another "cash machine"... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook   :)

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 14/11/2015 10:28:52
this is a game made with love

Tons of love indeed <3
I think part of our decisions to become gamedevs is making games with elements that we loved the most as younger gamers. These elements may have been major parts of the game or even a small tiny detail. Fun part is: when you feel you're stuck developing one part, you can always implement another part until inspiration revisits  (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Fitz

Out of all things impressive about the graphics, the way you handle perspective is one I envy you the most.

AnasAbdin

Thanks man :) I envy you too (laugh)
Perspective speaking, I think adding depth to the room gives a lot of freedom for the character to explore more places and play with the scaling of the characters and objects ;)

Gribbler

Looking better and better, Anas. Can't wait to play it!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Gribbler ;-D
Seriously all your enthusiasm towards the project makes me polish more and more (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Looks great! Thanks for sharing a process "pic". (nod)

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassiebsg ;-D I should do more of those 8-)

Slasher

QuoteSeriously all your enthusiasm towards the project makes me polish more and more
spit and polish and some elbow grease (laugh)

good luck and i hope we don't have to wait too long.....(wrong)

AnasAbdin

Thanks slasher :)
I'm picturing a hard working woman wearing a bandana and with folded denim sleeves (laugh)

I can't say much about how long until release. But I hope it'd be worth the wait :-[

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #17
[December 10th 2015]

I wanted to include a little backstory on the game's characters. I felt doing this in-game would be a little lame. So I thought a comic might be more suitable. Here's the first part of Carter's story..

Page 1
Spoiler
[close]
Page 2
Spoiler
[close]
Page 3
Spoiler
[close]
Page 4
Spoiler
[close]

next pages>>

Cassiebsg

Wow, that is just wonderful! (nod)

SilverSpook

Great work here AnasAbdin!  Reads like a Steven Spielberg storyboard.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie and SilverSpook ;-D glad you like it.

Fitz

Nice!!! (nod) Is the comic going to be in the game or as a pdf available outside the game?

CaptainD

I'm a bit late to party, but I just want to say that comic is great - not just the art, but the words are very well chosen - succinct but get the story across brilliantly.  Nice one!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Fitzzzzzy ;-D The comic will be added in the game's files. It won't be in-game though. Either pdf or maybe an AGS separate game/book (roll)

CaptainD you're never late :) I really appreciate feedback from you. Glad you liked the comic :)

AnasAbdin

Here's an incomplete background I'm working on.. needs about 12 more hours of work.. (nod)

I've also edited some text-effects for page 3 of Carter's comic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk