Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 19/05/2018 13:59:41
It sparkles!
It excites!

Have a sip! :P

Quote from: Bavolis on Sat 19/05/2018 14:23:17
You, Sir, are an Aquamancer.

I like that (laugh)

Apparently I'm (the script) is not smart when it comes to shadows :P
Had to do a fix for the trees shadows on the river...

Also MEGA thanks to Ben Chandler :-* for the tangents suggestion on twitter, bottom left is improved now!

Previous post for reference:
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 19/05/2018 12:13:53

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

josiah1221

8-0 8-0 8-0 This is stunning! You are definitely the Aquamancer! Now I'm thirsty ;)

sawyer

Like, is this game out yet? I keep seeing this game since 2014 and was wondering if it was complete? If not, is it gonna cost a lot due to time involved?. It looks like most games take forever to release like a few other games stated out in late 2017 are still not out nor do you ever hear anything about them: kind of guessing game..O well maybe I will check back next year to see ....

Stupot

Quote from: sawyer on Sat 19/05/2018 20:57:54
It looks like most games take forever to release like a few other games stated out in late 2017 are still not out nor do you ever hear anything about them: kind of guessing game..O well maybe I will check back next year to see ....
It's kind of tradition in adventure development, and games in general, to wildly misjudge how long it will take to finish a game.

As a rule, take the number given by the dev, halve it, then add 9 years.

sawyer

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 19/05/2018 23:31:04
Quote from: sawyer on Sat 19/05/2018 20:57:54
It looks like most games take forever to release like a few other games stated out in late 2017 are still not out nor do you ever hear anything about them: kind of guessing game..O well maybe I will check back next year to see ....
It's kind of tradition in adventure development, and games in general, to wildly misjudge how long it will take to finish a game.

As a rule, take the number given by the dev, halve it, then add 9 years.

Cool..I not trying to be pushy , i was just wondering , now I know not to get hopes up to soon.
Thank you ...no more from me til next year....lol

AnasAbdin

Quote from: sawyer on Sun 20/05/2018 02:40:56
Cool..I not trying to be pushy

On the contrary! Please do! I always need the push (nod)

Thanks Cassiebsg and josiah1221 :-*
Thank you Stupot! But your calculations are missing a couple of zeros to the right of the number (laugh)

I don't want to defend myself or the project. But as Stu mentioned games release dates are estimated based on plans that are made under specific circumstances. I don't recall giving an exact release date estimation and if I did I apologize for not delivering. Tardigrades is not the first project that takes as many years, for instance Space Venture by the Two Guys from Andromeda started around 2013 and still not released. I know several indie devs from different genres going through the same issue. The moment I started this project life surprised me with stresses challenging me between family care, a full-time job, plagiarism and threats, until a couple of weeks ago of which I had an appendectomy. I can assure you that no day have passed that I did not open a software for Tardigrades. Except during my time in the ward after the appendectomy was performed. I even had my sketch book where I drew the background above along with 3 more.

:)

selmiak

This water animation is awesome anas! 8-0

dactylopus

This screenshot is stunning, as are all from this game.  Great work, and thanks for sharing.

Also, you've gone through a lot to bring this to us.  I'm glad to see that you are persevering, and look forward to the eventual release, even if it takes many more years.  This game looks so promising.

AnasAbdin

Thank you selmiak! Glad you like it 8-)

Thank you dactylopus, I'm actually working a lot lately I don't think it'll take years :-D

Blondbraid

The water looks simply gorgeous!

Will you be able to toss in a coin and make a wish? :)

AnasAbdin

Thank you Blondbraid! :-*

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 22/05/2018 10:43:19
Will you be able to toss in a coin and make a wish? :)

I already have many interactions animations including throwing things and picking up, so you never know ;)

Here's a test screen of Carter walking in sun spots in some forest path:

Blondbraid

Wow, really cool how the spots of sun through the laves reflects on him, impressive!
Though I'll admit it took me a second to see that and realize there wasn't white mice crawling over him! :)

josiah1221

Very cool indeed! But it also took me a second to realize it as well. Maybe add a little bit of sunlight rays coming thru the trees if you haven't thought to do so already ;)

Here's an example:

https://i.imgur.com/N83omJg.jpg?1

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 26/05/2018 11:40:50
Wow, really cool how the spots of sun through the laves reflects on him, impressive!
Though I'll admit it took me a second to see that and realize there wasn't white mice crawling over him! :)

Thanks! I like the idea of white mice crawling though, right Tabby? (laugh)

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 27/05/2018 02:58:43
Very cool indeed! But it also took me a second to realize it as well. Maybe add a little bit of sunlight rays coming thru the trees if you haven't thought to do so already ;)

Yeah thanks! I've added that since I already have the sprite:

josiah1221

Blondbraid

Wow, that is one cool sci-fi Egyptian temple!
Have you thought about posting any more time-lapse videos on how you make all fantastic scenery?

AnasAbdin

Thanks josiah :-D

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 31/05/2018 13:48:08
Have you thought about posting any more time-lapse videos on how you make all fantastic scenery?

Well I'd love to once I figure out how to (roll)
Many of those backgrounds are not finished in one setting..

thedaemon

The sun spots are a nice detail. Really looking forward to this game! Keep up the amazing work.

Jack

These are all so beautiful and cool.

Could the sunspots be stretched vertically the further down they are, to make them appear as shafts coming from above? I would also draw them with a bit lower opacity so that the uniform's details stand out a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk