Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Quote from: thedaemon on Fri 01/06/2018 15:39:04
The sun spots are a nice detail. Really looking forward to this game! Keep up the amazing work.

Thank you! ;-D

Quote from: Jack on Fri 01/06/2018 20:22:22
These are all so beautiful and cool.

Could the sunspots be stretched vertically the further down they are, to make them appear as shafts coming from above? I would also draw them with a bit lower opacity so that the uniform's details stand out a bit.

Thank you Jack! And yeah playing with opacity is doable (nod)

Mr. Jack Allin (Jackal) of Adventure Gamers wrote a news entry about Tardigrades:
AG article

josiah1221

Hi Anas, I got really excited when I saw the article at AG's yesterday. Could it be that this could be the year?! ;)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 03/06/2018 21:24:10
Hi Anas, I got really excited when I saw the article at AG's yesterday. Could it be that this could be the year?! ;)

Well in the last couple of weeks I completed 9 full rooms with all their background animations, coding and puzzles. At this rate, who knows (roll)

AnasAbdin

Here's a new animation I've been working on lately..
I call it: Takeshi's Castle :P

Jack

Great character animation, and I love the whitewater.

Privateer Puddin'

So much work going into this :O

Riaise

He's going way too carefully for it to be Takeshi's Castle. :P He should run at it like a maniac and fall face first into the water. (laugh)

Seriously, though, the background is lovely, and the animation is really good! ;-D

dactylopus

That's a great animation.  I love the wobbling.  Reminds me of QfG2 tightrope walking.

josiah1221

Wow, very nice! The details are amazing, passing through the shadows of the trees, that white water greatness, and killer jumping and wobbling animation! (nod)

Takeshi's Castle, haha, Japan has the best game shows ever!

AnasAbdin

Jack: Thanks buddy! <3 <3 <3
Privateer Puddin': tell me about it! I can say the same to you with your project (nod)
Riaise: You're right! Those falls hurt badly!
dactylopus: Thanks! Glad you like it! Yeah I see the resemblance too!
josiah1221: Thanks! Japan are the masters of game shows (laugh)

Here's another screenshot I worked on a few weeks ago, thought I'd share it with you guys since all I was working on lately was audio and music..
I was trying to play with light and shadows with this one.

Contemplating Life:

Blondbraid

That looks absolutely gorgeous, Monet himself would have been jealous!

AnasAbdin

Thank you Blondbraid :-[
Imagine what would it be like if Van Gogh, Monet or even Seurat made adventure games 8-0 8-0 8-0

josiah1221

Wow, that is stunningly beautiful Anas! I love the glow of the tree leaves :)
Speaking of Van Gogh, have you seen Loving Vincent? The whole movie is done in his unique style.

Stupot

I love it but one crit would be the way the floating leaves all bounce in unison. It looks a bit strange.

AnasAbdin

thank you josiah1221! And yes I watched the movie, I also cried while watching Doctor Who episode of Van Gogh :~(

Stu: you are correct, I was lazy hehe
I did that in another room and it looks much better, I will work on it soon ;)

dactylopus

That does look much better.  I love the colors here, too.  Great stuff!

selmiak

indeed great colors.
How huge is that planet in tardigrades??? Or are there many planets to visit?

josiah1221

Yes, that episode of Doctor Who got me teary eyed as well!

Once this game is released I'm gonna spend sooo much time admiring all these gorgeous locations that it's gonna take me a year to complete it, haha! ;)

AnasAbdin

thank you dactylopus! (nod)

selmiak: there are many planets to visit (mostly planets and moons from our solar system -no spoilers!) and the greenery scenes you see are from Earth :)

Quote from: AnasAbdin
Earth was different back then. The deserts of south Egypt and Ethiopia are green and full of advanced technology.

josiah1221: ha! ha! :-\

AnasAbdin

Back inside the space-floating-metal-boxes..

Someone is in disguise, can you guess which is which? (nod)
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/79RTfvt.gif[/imgzoom]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk