Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Depends on the weather... hot definitely swim! Otherwise read a book. (laugh)
That water effect always mesmerises me. 8-0 Though now all those lovely leafs seem way to still.. <hides> (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 18/08/2018 13:38:27
Swimming or fishing?

Lol reading is the best thing to do! Not sure if I can include a book to read in an adventure game.. wait.. hmmm.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 18/08/2018 15:21:31
Though now all those lovely leafs seem way to still.. <hides> (laugh)

The bushes move and I have a system of wind and leaves that has a random wind direction and strength. But it's hard to create a seamless looping GIF with all those animations and leaves.

Here are a few "placeholder" pixelart drawings I usually share on twitter to sharpen my hands on drawing.
I hope they give you an idea on how dynamic and "alive" the backgrounds are (nod)

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Cassiebsg

Cool! :)
They look great! Wonder if one will spend more time playing or appreciating all those wonderfully and rich BG? ;-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

josiah1221

Once again beautiful work Anas! 8-0 Those animations look fantastic! As for swimming or fishing... how about skipping rocks? ;)

HanaIndiana

Fishing!! :grin: Those are some beautiful animations.
I feel for you having to deal with b.s. comments. Really sucks.

dactylopus

Another great background.  The plants look great, and I can't wait to see them animated with the same care as you placeholders, but I really enjoy the detail in the rocks.  Those are beautifully textured.

As for the question, I have a feeling he is about to get into that pool of water.

CrashPL

Swimming, definitely swimming! :D Man, another excellent background right here!
And sorry you have to deal with such horrible comments. :( Hang in there, bro!

AnasAbdin

Thank you all for your support. I wanted to let you know that I've done everything possible to resolve this issue reasonably and respectfully with CBS but they treated me in disrespect and kept postponing meetings because of their "vacations" and "being busy". I am officially taking this to court to end it.

Blog post: Tardigrades Case

Sinitrena

I've never posted in this thread before, but I have been admiring your work for a while now. It is simply amazing: The backgrounds and especially the animations.

It's sad that it has to come to a lawsuit but I wish you the best of luck and success. Stay strong!

Click'd

Star Trek went to shit with ENT at the latest. So I know who I'm rooting for.

dactylopus

Best of luck in court!  I'm sorry it had to come to this, but you have to do what is right for you and your art.

Jack

Here's hoping for a swift and favourable resolution to the case for you. Based on the facts I think the law is on your side.

Let us know if you're crowdfunding the legal fees.

CaptainD

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 21/08/2018 17:10:52
Thank you all for your support. I wanted to let you know that I've done everything possible to resolve this issue reasonably and respectfully with CBS but they treated me in disrespect and kept postponing meetings because of their "vacations" and "being busy". I am officially taking this to court to end it.

Blog post: Tardigrades Case

I'd really hoped it wouldn't come to this... :sad:  All the best with it man.

AnasAbdin

The lawsuit is filed.

Blondbraid

It's sad that it all had to go this far, but good luck! Holding my thumbs for you!

josiah1221

Keeping you in my thoughts Anas, you have a strong case here! (nod)

Stupot

You've got this, man. Here's hoping for a swift resolution and a huge settlement.

CrashPL

Sorry it had to come to this. I hope you'll be able to resolve this as swiftly and painless as possible. Wish you all the best, man.

Hobo

Man, it really sucks that it had to end up in court. Haven't seen the show myself or know much about it, but I fully trust your judgement on this and believe you made the best possible decision you could make in this situation. Hopefully it'll all end very positively for both you and the game. Try to stay healthy and strong!

Also, those pixel animations look incredible, you really are the master of wind and water, no matter the art style.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Holy crap, bro!
I was out in a totally different part of the web and saw some abstract mention of Tardigrades and some controversy. Too bad they kinda egged you out on this one.
Reminded me that I forgot to get/play tardigrades though! I better get on it, i won't be watching Star Trek though  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk