Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Thanks frenzykitty and Mandle for the kind words ;-D Check out the updates above.

Quote from: frenzykitty on Sun 11/05/2014 16:10:01
Things like this remind me why I love sci fi

8-0 This kind of stuff make me want to keep polishing the game forever!

frenzykitty

EEK! I'm SO EFFING EXCITED!

Is this going to be a full-length game? If you need voice acting, give me a shout :D

Monsieur OUXX

Around 0:55, that kind of "space tube" entering interdimensional/hyperspace/whatnot reminds me a lot of Dune. Immediate dream.

AnasAbdin

frenzykitty you got yourself a deal :-D

Monsieur OUXX it's just a regular time-lapse sunset over Jupiter :)

shaun9991

This looks great Anas, very excited about it. Great work! Look forward to testing :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Hobo

Sci-fi adventures are the best and this one looks very promising! Love the idea of randomizing events and puzzles and emphazis on player choice. Good luck with the production.

AnasAbdin

Thanks shaun9991 and best of luck in your projects :)

Hobo thanks and if you're reading this please get back to finishing Kingdom of Ehcilc. I can't wait (laugh)

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #2
[July 12th 2014]

Scripting 35%
Graphics 20%
Audio 20%
Music 40%
Story 100%
Puzzles 25%

Added several alternative solutions for puzzles, some of the alternative solutions require physical and timing skills. Spending a lot of time adding background details for immersion. Recording and editing my own sound effects for the game. Created a few 2D animated cut-scenes.

Bonus! A new screenie:

Carter near a silo base on Titan

NickyNyce

Wow, this really does look great. Keep up the good work.

AprilSkies

Oh man! Great Style. Hat tip!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

thanks guys for the warm words :)

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #3
[August 1st 2014]

Scripting 55%
Graphics 40%
Audio 40%
Music 60%
Story 100%
Puzzles 45%

Been creating a lot of sounds effects by recording different sounds from clangs to water pouring sounds then editing them. Adding details to backgrounds. Animating 2D cut scenes. Composed 4 music tracks. Wrote 1KLOC for alternative puzzles solutions. Dialogs: LOTS OF DIALOGS.

Here's another bonus:
Teaser #2:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6NqqO6YeAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:
UPDATE #3.5
[August 10th 2014]

Here's a look at the dialog interface:
[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMbqkMfhj9E[/embed]

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #4
[August 24th 2014]

Scripting 65%
Graphics 50%
Audio 45%
Music 70%
Story 100%
Puzzles 55%

The story is getting bigger and more complicated specially with random events appearing in the game, also with the branching story lines depending on the player's choices. Been testing the events a lot to make sure of the story's consistency and events handling. I've also been working with 2D animations. Casting voice talents for teasers and trailers. Thanks a lot to Tabata and CaptainD for helping me out with this teaser:

Carter had witnessed a weird phenomena. More investigation and documentation are required. Alex and Aziz are a little worried specially that Carter hasn't been 'well' lately.
[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJceBqkluU&list[/embed]

Lt. Smash

This is looking really AMAZING! :shocked: Those cutscenes are really well done and the characters animations couldn't be better!
Kinda reminds me of The Dig, especially the first part where you move around that asteroid.

Can't wait to try this out!

Just one thing that could be improved: Select a more space-y font that fits better to the theme and get rid of the default buttons for the inventory.

Lasca

Wow! This looks really awesome. Love the cutscene. And nice voiceacting Tabata and Captain D!

AprilSkies

Amazing!
I have no more words about this game :shocked:

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

Thanks AprilSkies and Lasca for your kind words. getting feedback from awesome artists like you means a lot to me :-[
Lt. Smash I will consider your suggestion regarding the font. I'm not sure what you meant by "get rid of the default buttons for the inventory" though. could you please shed some light on that?

Lt. Smash

Oh, I meant the grey squares behind the inventory icons with the arrows and the ok button. Certainly a UI from a space ship would look good ;)

BTW the trailers are really cool :) So much detail! I like how the lips fit very well to the spoken words!

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Lasca on Sun 24/08/2014 14:20:55And nice voiceacting Tabata and Captain D!

Not only nice voice acting, they have also responded quickly to my short notice :-* :-*

Quote from: Lt. Smash on Mon 25/08/2014 00:58:58Oh, I meant the grey squares behind the inventory icons with the arrows and the ok button. Certainly a UI from a space ship would look good ;)

This is not the inventory, these are dialog topics.

CaptainD

Quote from: Lasca on Sun 24/08/2014 14:20:55
Wow! This looks really awesome. Love the cutscene. And nice voiceacting Tabata and Captain D!

Thanks!  Those 3 words I voiced made a world of difference :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk