Jibble

Author Topic: Tardigrades ©  (Read 313225 times)

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
    • AnasAbdin worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Tardigrades - [UPDATE #15]
« Reply #140 on: 30 Sep 2015, 08:26 »
Thanks SilverSpook  :) I'm enjoying writing her script a lot  (laugh)

josiah1221 thanks for your kind words  ;-D
and yeah I enjoy putting references form my favorite movies and games  ;)

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #141 on: 03 Oct 2015, 07:52 »
Quick update:

I was chatting via PM with 'someone' :P and without knowing they gave me a push to improve an old background that was killing me every time I entered the room that contains it. I even had to speed up the game to the max so it wouldn't hurt my eyes much! Here's the Microbial Garden of Marsi-3 near the Jovian System, old vs. new, the only change is the glass shield and number of fans, other than that it is only coloring and lighting.

Forum question:
Is it okay to change some of the game's screenshots in the first comment of this thread with the newer improved ones, or would that be considered as 'cheating'? :-[
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2015, 08:09 by AnasAbdin »

Fitz

• Il antico demone
    • Fitz worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Fitz worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #142 on: 03 Oct 2015, 08:13 »
Sure it's ok. People who are new to the project will probably check the post first rather than the last update -- so that's your best chance to make a good first impression.

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #143 on: 03 Oct 2015, 12:46 »
That sounds reasonable Fitz. I think I will add the newer versions but keep the older ones in a [ hide ] tag as history...

« Reply #144 on: 04 Oct 2015, 00:58 »
Looks like a real improvement!  Cool concept of microbial gardens as well.  Reminds me of the biotech lab in Technobabylon.  Really looking forward to this!

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #145 on: 04 Oct 2015, 17:35 »
Thanks SilverSpook :)
Following Fitz advice I have updated the first post in this thread with new versions of the screenshots keeping the older ones hidden. I didn't want to ruin the 'history' feel of the gamedev log :)

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
Re: Tardigrades - [UPDATE #15.5]
« Reply #146 on: 24 Oct 2015, 06:16 »
UPDATE #15.5
[October 24th 2015]

Oxygen garden day/night modes

Changing the weather controls, nutrients inputs ...etc.. make the plants grow or shrink right in front of your eyes ;-D

Priabudiman

• Oldschool AGS Newbie
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • I can help with characters
    • I can help with voice acting
    • I can help with web design
« Reply #147 on: 25 Oct 2015, 06:08 »
This is Big Anas! congratulations on the Greenlit, i will add it to the collections and spread the word there!

« Reply #148 on: 25 Oct 2015, 07:41 »
Instant grow and shrink?  Sounds really awesome!  I'd like to see that animation :)

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
    • Cassiebsg worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Cassiebsg worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #149 on: 25 Oct 2015, 16:14 »
Stop blinking, and you'll see it. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #150 on: 25 Oct 2015, 16:22 »
Thanks Priabudiman I really appreciate it :) and best of luck with your project, looks very cool 8-)

SilverSpook and Cassie, you'll be surprised how I approached the growing/shrinking technique (laugh)

« Reply #151 on: 25 Oct 2015, 23:31 »
Wow, congrats didnt even know this existed ;)
Looks very interesting.
When will it be in the shop approximately ?

greez Stromvin
<iframe src="https://itch.io/embed/42168?linkback=true" width="552" height="167" frameborder="0"></iframe>

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #152 on: 26 Oct 2015, 03:49 »
Thanks Stromvin for the kind words  ;-D
I can't give a precise release date just yet. Hopefully somewhere in the first or second quarters of 2016  ???

Gurok

• Rottwheelers
  • When life hands you lemons, combine them with the mop
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2016, for improving and extending the AGS scripting language
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • Gurok worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Gurok worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #153 on: 26 Oct 2015, 06:34 »
Please finish this quickly. I can't wait any longer.
Oh, but don't rush things.
Awww, I'm so torn. Just keep doing the amazing work that you're doing!

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #154 on: 26 Oct 2015, 09:55 »
Thanks Gurok :)
I'm not rushing at all (not my choice) but I'm managing my time as much as possible. Family comes first ;)
The fun part is, as the game progresses and puzzles are created, the character's sprites are already made (jumping, leaning, picking up, swinging...etc) so it does give a feeling of quick progress as I create multiple solutions for a single puzzle.

Expect a lot of red soon  (laugh)

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
Re: Tardigrades - [UPDATE #16]
« Reply #155 on: 11 Nov 2015, 05:29 »
UPDATE #16
[November 11th 2015]

This could be one of the most frustrating but interesting updates for an adventure game ???
Carter has hundreds of sprites, 8 directions for walking, talking, picking up (from ground, high shelves...), interactions, climbing, laying, setting.. and the list goes on. At one point, he wears his white spacesuit, which means all sprites must be re-drawn again with extra actions (micro-gravity floating, other interactions...). This is all fun and all. THEN, an orange suit shows up in the game. It's optional to use it, but when the player decides to give it a try, ALL views are changed into the orange suit. Which are hundreds of re-drawn sprites as well. I spent the last couple of weeks on that 8-0

So here's a peek at Carter wearing the cosmosuit near a crashed pod on Titan:

I'd also like to invite you to check on my first and only SoundCloud page I created a couple of days ago 8-)

Fitz

• Il antico demone
    • Fitz worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Fitz worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #156 on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:32 »
I know it's a half-assed solution, but wouldn't tinting the character make this a LOT easier?

Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1. cChar.Tint(int red, int green, int blue, int saturation, int luminance)

It's amazing how much work you put into this. I never did more than four directions, and I usually stick to just left/right -- which is not my "thing" ;)

Oh, and I subbed to your soundcloud channel. Nice track!

« Reply #157 on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:45 »
Holy crap man!  That's a lot of animations for a suit change!  I have to agree that I'd go with tinting changes in the future.

Looks pretty cool though, I like the glowy effect in the latest screenshot.  Can't wait for this!

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #158 on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:56 »
I know it's a half-assed solution, but wouldn't tinting the character make this a LOT easier?

Holy crap man!  That's a lot of animations for a suit change!  I have to agree that I'd go with tinting changes in the future.

I tint the character only when walking near colored lights, darker areas...etc
This is a different case, the suits are different, the helmets are different styles because the technologies of the rival nations are different...
Also not to forget that tinting the characters means their faces would be tinted as well ;)

Glad you like the track :-D I will post something over there every now and then.

Edit: Just to be clear: I draw over the previous suit sprites, so it's not 100% from scratch. Still, drawing sprites one by one and putting little differences.

« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2015, 11:03 by AnasAbdin »

AnasAbdin

• Peace, Love and AGS
« Reply #159 on: 14 Nov 2015, 05:47 »
Different suits? Different cursors :P