Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I super duper admire how much effort you're putting into this. Very inspiring.

NickyNyce

At this rate your game will never come out. Are you trying to make the longest adventure game in history?

Absolutely amazing. I'm scared to say keep up the good work in fear that you will never stop making this game.

Just my opinion, but maybe, just maybe you can slow the animation of the water in some scenes. Some of them seem perfect, while others seem a touch too fast.

AnasAbdin

Thank you luisdementia ;-D Your support and kindness are my adrenaline 8-)

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 23/07/2016 12:57:58
I super duper admire how much effort you're putting into this. Very inspiring.

I demand a happy crying emoticon in the forums please (laugh):~(
You are my inspiration man!

NickyNyce, I agree to a point about the slow rate this is coming along. I wasn't expecting this project to take that long too. Crucial life-changing events visited me and my family which made me a little busy. Also, every visual media you see in an update has massive amount of code coming along with it. Creating almost an open world adventure game with several solutions and paths require an enormous amount of variables and keeping an eye on each one of them for events and so on..

I am not doing much of writing the story or puzzles as the production is going on though. Everything is already written on paper and getting into the stage of implementing in the game. So don't worry there is an ending point where I will have no more do to but to publish the game (laugh)

Forgive me for taking forever (roll)

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

SilverSpook

Awesome lighting effects man! Dazzling!

NickyNyce

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding my words. I didn't mean anything bad by what I said. I'm amazed at how much work you are putting into this game. It is of no business of mine how long it takes you. I was only joking.

I am wondering how long the game will be, but that's not a bad thing, that's a very good thing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Retro Wolf

@NickyNyce: Always use plenty of smileys! ;)

Brilliant artwork Anas, I'm jealous of your abilities!
I'm a bit of a sucker for SciFi, so I've been keeping an eye on this one!

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook :-D

NickyNyce all cool 8-)

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sat 23/07/2016 21:05:26
It is of no business of mine how long it takes you.

Please don't say stuff like that.. specially with that yelling purple face thingy 8-0
The game is a long one, I can't give a good estimation but it will be several hours equally for each path/puzzles the player decides to go. Also, due to random generated events, the game is guaranteed to be different every time it is restarted.

Let me elaborate a little, some puzzles have shortcuts. If the player decided to use such shortcuts, later on the game there would be obstacles that cannot be avoided. But if the player solved the earlier puzzles without using shortcuts, those later obstacles would be easier to work around and save a little time.

Edit:
oh Retro Wolf posted while I was typing :P Thanks buddy! You guys have no idea how much I'm looking forward seeing you play the game! (laugh)

Blondbraid

The shadows in the last animation looked very impressive!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Blondbraid  ;-D
you know.. Egyptians.. lights and shadows  :P

AnasAbdin

Last week alone I wrote 2KLOC!
Animation test break:

Boo! Another message from the other side of the universe:

Carter primitive fishing:

Danvzare

Those animations are both incredible, and disturbing.
It's only disturbing because of the human skin flapping about in the space wind. Eww.

But the animation is absolutely incredible! This game is going to look awesome when it's finished.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Danvzare ;)
Don't worry... everything will make much sense in the game :-D

AnasAbdin

Right out of the oven :-D

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHCo0RDCBvw[/embed]

This cut scene is a very good example of the multi paths Tardigrades can have. When you finally manage to leave the Saturnian system, you can leave using one of two ships; with or without Natasha. Meaning, there are 4 cut scenes for when you:

1. Leave alone using Natasha's ship.
2. Leave alone using -no spoiler- ship.
3. Leave with Natasha using her ship.
4. Leave with Natasha using -no spoiler- ship.

luisdementia

AnasAbdin

Thanks luisdementia! I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the project :-*

Slasher

Hi AnasAbdin

after more than two years in production I need this game to rock my socks off (laugh)

Your artwork and animations are superb and I expect so are the dialogs and game play (nod)

Get off 'Games in production' and get onto 'Completed games' whilst i am still with us (laugh)

Fingers crossed everything all goes to plan, which i'm sure it will mate ;)

slasher sings: 'Why are we waiting?...Why are we waiting?' (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Thanks slasher ;-D
I make sure not to spoil anything regarding story, dialogs and specially gameplay. But all I can say is they are intense :P
I omitted the dialog in the animation because it was major spoilers...
This particular animation was made a few months ago, I even enhanced some of the scenes but didn't put them in the teaser :P

AnasAbdin

Couple of improved screenies from the intro...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk