Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVolumeRemote

What hasn't been said?! It's just beautiful. The shower scene reminds me of Police Quest 1 in the best way and he game as a whole looks like it'll be one of the finest to come out of AGS:)

For anyone else having trouble with the Steam Greenlight link, I found a working one albeit in Spanish... Not that it needs the votes since its lit but it's fun to gawk at lol
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=brazilian&id=344701010

AnasAbdin

Glad you like the short teaser Cassiebsg ;-D
Thanks 8BitAirwaves! And yeah the guards shower room is based on the PQ shower room..

Quote from: 8BitAirwaves on Fri 26/08/2016 00:23:29
For anyone else having trouble with the Steam Greenlight link, I found a working one albeit in Spanish... Not that it needs the votes since its lit but it's fun to gawk at lol
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=brazilian&id=344701010

Thanks 8BitAirwaves for pointing this out! I've been having trouble with the links on the first post of this project lately :~(
I've fixed the link, it should be working fine now.

Tardigrades Steam Greenlight

SilverSpook

Great work man!  I like strategic locker to cover the police nudality.  :)

Danvzare

I love seeing new rooms on new adventure games, that have been inspired by old rooms in old adventure games.
They look so similar, yet distinctly different. :-D

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook and Danvzare :)

Here's a screenshot of the RC boat interface. Took me quite a lot of code and thinking to mimic the 3D world of a small ancient RC boat sailing between islands. The islands are layered sprites for vertical parallel scrolling purposes. So when you approach an island you'd see the tip of the mountains first...

The remote control is a touch screen ;) with gold and gems :P Just make sure you don't drain the battery while searching for your destination. This whole minigame is part of a puzzle that can be solved differently if you are not interested in sailing 8-)

Still thinking of pixelating the sprites to mimic a retro game..

Cassiebsg

Looks interesting. (nod)
Well, would pixelating the sprites give meaning in the contest of the mini-game inside your game's universe? I think that's the question you should ask, instead of thinking retro just for the sake of it. ;)

Anyway, keep up the awesome job! :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 03/09/2016 11:58:07
Just make sure you don't drain the battery while searching for your destination.

"You drained the remote's battery! Please wait 5 hours for it to recharge... or buy a new, charged battery for just 2,99$*!
* - premium 10-pak batteries also available, for a low price of 14,99$!"

Heh, just kidding, nice job with the boat interface, looks very nice - being a huge fan of such depth/Z-buffer/3D sprite operations (parallax, mode7 etc.), I would love to see your implementation in motion. :D

exsile

This reminds me of the new movie called Gravity.

SilverSpook

Awesome, sounds like a fun sailing game!  Reminds me of Apple / Dos games with the interface and color schemes.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie  :) I tried pixelating the interface and it looked bad.. so I will keep it the way it is for now.

CrashPL: Oh you'd love the battery concept I used  :-D  :-D

exsile: I love Gravity  ;)

SilverSpook: You have no idea how happy I am to hear that!

Here's a test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJTkx5vJfVo

Blondbraid

Looks nice, it's really cool that you made it feel like 3D despite being made in 2D.

AnasAbdin

Resort life 8-) (in progress.. :P )

Cassiebsg

Looks awesome as usually! (nod)

If there's one thing that keeps making my brain scream is the angle of the girl in the pool... looks more like she's out of balance and will very soon fall in the water.

love how the guy's foot are under water (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Gotta agree with Cassiebsg on the angle of the girl looking odd, as well as neither of the mattresses leaving no reflection in the water.

Otherwise, it looks absolutely lovely, and while I have seen many dramatic worlds in games, there have been few that made me wish I could physically visit them myself.
You should consider selling postcards as tie-in merchandise! ;-D

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie and blondie :-D
You two are 100% right about the girl's sprite. I actually used a test sprite from a cut scene :-[ also there are palm trees on the right side of the background that I also added along with the shadows of the characters floating on the pool ;)

Of course every one is invited to relax in the resorts of the Goddess Nut 20.000 years ago ;-D

arj0n

Great Resort Life scene!

Somehow it looks like...
Spoiler
the guy is holding his apparatus while waiting from some action from that girl. Who seems to be ignoring him. ;)
[close]

NickyNyce

That is exactly the same subliminal message I would be using if I was the guy in the pool. SPOT ON!

I know it's not the critics lounge, but if they were moving a bit slower in the pool, I think it would look a bit better. The waters movement looks great. Nice scene.

I did notice one other thing. Shouldn't the main characters actual left knee pad be lower than his right? His left foot is slightly lower than his right, which is fine at the angle in which he is standing, but that leads me to believe that the knee pad should also be lower than the right. I'm just being super critical on a game that looks fantastic.

selmiak

this game is going to be huge! I wonder what that palpatine guy in the video said while moving his lips.

SilverSpook

Looks fantastic!  I do hope that guy can get some action eventually in this game. :)

AnasAbdin

Thanks all ;-D

arj0n: lol but sorry to disappoint you, 'that guy' is Aziz and he's happily partnered with Ty :P (nod) but I think you'll love the new sprites I made for both of the swimming characters (roll)

NickyNyce: No worries about the frames speed. It's a gif thing since I'm limited to 6 frames ;) good noticing the main character's sprite though, he's slightly leaning on one side :P

selmiak: ...SHE'S an old woman :~( :~(

SilverSpook: does smoking a lot of pot count? (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk