Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

AnasAbdin

Blondbraid

Awesome! And the shadows of the mattresses are a nice touch, really gives a sense of space in the pool, and the water looks crystal clear. Lovely! ;-D

CrashPL

Man, I could surely use this kind of lovely scenery... especially when I'm currently at the office and the weather's horrible. :D

Agreed, the water ripples and the shadows are looking really great. ;)

AnasAbdin

Thanks Blondbraid & CrashPL  :-*  :-*

Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 19/09/2016 07:37:24Man, I could surely use this kind of lovely scenery... especially when I'm currently at the office and the weather's horrible. :D

Say no more  (laugh)

https://igcdn-videos-e-3-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t50.2886-16/14405026_303535896685203_26150787_n.mp4

CrashPL

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 19/09/2016 11:37:33
https://igcdn-videos-e-3-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t50.2886-16/14405026_303535896685203_26150787_n.mp4

Alright, now THAT'S definitely something I could use!

That looks awesome in motion! 8-0 I love that smooth ripple effect you're doing, what are your secrets of achieving this kind of smooth animation? ;)

AnasAbdin

No secrets! ;-D
I use a combination of software (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop). I am thinking of making a post about how I create them. There is an easy shortcut that can create something similar but would look 'cheap' by using java based websites or apps (remember reflect lake effect in 90s internet?) just be careful from malware..

Cassiebsg

Looking awesome now AnasAbdin! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie :)

here are 4 more pages introducing an important inventory item in the game (laugh)

<< previous pages

cAlex.AddInventory(iGoldBracelet);

page 13
Spoiler
[close]
page 14
Spoiler
[close]
page 15
Spoiler
[close]
page 16
Spoiler
[close]

Blondbraid

AnasAbdin

// Thanks Blondbraid!

cBlondbraid.AddInventory(iFlower);

SilverSpook

Looks great!  I like all of the stars everywhere :)

Cassiebsg

Lovely! :)
Good job!
Though... the last panel... what happened?
Spoiler

Looks more stylized and lacking detail... it's like...
Spoiler

The picture/memory will dissolve into oblivion... ;)
[close]
[close]

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook! You got mail! (laugh)

Cassiebsg... you'll have to look at the bracelet in-game to know :P

AnasAbdin

Talk to the farmer alone and get clues with fruits.
Talk to his wife alone and get wisdom from books.
Talk to them together and get a headache.

Cassiebsg

It's amazing that I can just spend several minutes looking at such a lovely a gif. (nod) It's hypnotizing! (roll)
Seeing it like this, made me realize you're building in 3D the main room, and then gracefully painting it. What software are you using for the 3D?
I had assumed you were just building a "fake" 3D drawing in photoshop or so...

* Cassiebsg chooses headache

Jack

Can't believe I never piled on with the compliments on that pool lounging scene. These all look great.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie ;-D
After sketching the room on paper, I 3D model it using google sketchup. Then photoshop.
Building the 3D model is very handy when creating different angles for backgrounds for cut scenes happening in the same room (nod)
thank you jack :) glad you like it!

SilverSpook

Awesome fruit scene!  Is that background geometry all done in Google Sketchup?  Looks familiar for some reason.

I'll be sure to spike grandpa's prune juice with Metamucil before trying to chat up grandma. :)

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook! ;-D

Quote from: SilverSpook on Fri 14/10/2016 04:56:27
Is that background geometry all done in Google Sketchup?

Yes.

This is how it looks like in-game (minus the moving cloud on the top-right corner) :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk