Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

That's awesome dude!  Like the flickering light effect.

Stupot

The guys at the Stuff You Should Know podcast have just done an episode about Tardigrades. I'm listening now. :P

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/podcast/stuff-you-should-know/id278981407?l=en&mt=2&i=1000381207716

AnasAbdin

Thanks SilverSpook :)

Stu: is it about the organisms or the game? ???
I.. er.. don't use iTunes and don't know how to listen online :-[

Stupot

The organism :-) (Ahh. I just saw my mistaken capital T.)
Try this link: http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/tardigrades.htm

AnasAbdin

Thanks for the interesting link Stu ;-D

Here's the SpaceBikeâ,,¢ sketch I've been working on:

And here it is in-game:

Slow-Speed setting near the mothership's airlock 8-)

Cassiebsg

Awesome! From sketch to fully model working in game! (nod)

Love it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Martyn

Man, I'm sold!!! :shocked: Really nice design!

Blondbraid

Cool, it will be fun to see how the bike works in-game! Any racing minigames? ;-D

Fitz

I'm a sucker for space automobiles! Love it! And yeah, count me in for a racing game :-D

AnasAbdin

Cassie: Thanks! :-* there's a place for a cat too (laugh)

Martyn: Glad you like it! Love your work 8-)

Blondbraid: Look what you did! more work for me now :~(

Fitz: aren't we all? I guess I will have to make a mini race game after the whole project is completed.

AnasAbdin

Here's a damaged computer you need to get it fixed. Is it over heating? Needs a new fuse? The output monitor is missing a light bulb? Maybe borrow a bulb from another part of the computer, but the display on the monitor would look different in color and transparency terms with each different bulb...

Of course if you want to take a different route, you can ask someone else to fix it instead. But who would do that for you and at what cost? (roll)

You can interact with everything on the screen...

I said everything!

EVERYTHING!

Cassiebsg

Seems like an insane fun puzzle. (nod)

Danvzare

Now that definitely looks like a fun puzzle. :-D
I wonder just how badly you can mess up the entire computer, and what the results for certain combinations will be.

Blondbraid

Is there a manual included?  (laugh)

I have seen worse things hiding behind computer panels though.
Spoiler
[close]

AnasAbdin

Cassie: i hope so (laugh)

Danvzare: Different setting lead to different consequences! This old machine is used for experimental wormholes projects.. so one could only imagine!

Blondbraid: the manual is within the game's clues ;)
I stared at the picture for a good half a minute until my eyes met with the serpent's eyes! Almost gasped 8-0

SilverSpook

Awesome looking minigame man!  That's point-n-click gold right there.

AnasAbdin

Here's a test underwater screenshot:

I tried scripting a water effects thing.. Wanted to keep it mild though, the room is incomplete (could be cancelled as most of you already know how my polishing mind works!). Still going to add a whole lot of fish and creatures, breath bubbles..etc. there is a whole underwater realm (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Lovely! love the water effect!

If I had to criticize anything, would be his arm movements... it's odd that they're not bending close to the body when returning forward.

Blondbraid

I also love the water effect, and how everything's kind of wavy!

But will the player drown if they stay too long?

AnasAbdin

Ha! Cassie you'd be surprised that I actually started swimming lessons :-[ and no wonder I'm drowning more than swimming (laugh)

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 08/04/2017 16:43:19
If I had to criticize anything, would be his arm movements... it's odd that they're not bending close to the body when returning forward.

OMG did you talk to my trainer recently?

The animation is still temporary, I will create the 8 directional cycle and post a screeny with it, I am tending to make turning animations with smooth swimming movements but first I have to learn them before the character does :P

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 08/04/2017 18:03:45
But will the player drown if they stay too long?

Yes. There will be an oxygen meter GUI on the bottom of the screen. Anyway drowning is not the only reason of death underwater (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk