Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Looking amazing as usual! ;-D
But think those two on the right also need a bit of movement... unless they're frozen in time... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 24/06/2017 10:12:55

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 24/06/2017 07:32:14
Yolanda injured:

But think those two on the right also need a bit of movement... unless they're frozen in time... ;)

A frame later, he helps her get up (nod)

dactylopus

Oh, that was smoke!  I had assumed it was something else, more related to the situation at hand.  Nice animations all around, Anas!

Blondbraid

The last GIFs looks great!

AnasAbdin

dactylopus: I'm looking for something between :-[ and 8-0 !

Blondbraid: thanks!  Glad you liked them :-*

Edit for Cassie:

AnasAbdin

ScreenShotSaturday: Ethereal world

You can't take inventory items from there, but you can change many things in real life from the ethereal world 8-)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 01/07/2017 07:25:57
ScreenShotSaturday: Ethereal world
I got David Bowie stuck in my head the minute I saw that screenshot. 8-)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 01/07/2017 16:53:54
I got David Bowie stuck in my head the minute I saw that screenshot. 8-)

And now I'm listening to David Bowie's playlist while implementing the ethereal locations (laugh)

Cassiebsg

That looks so cool! (nod)
Have you thought of maybe giving him some small alpha-transparency for a total ethereal feel? ;)

dactylopus

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 01/07/2017 23:23:32
That looks so cool! (nod)
Have you thought of maybe giving him some small alpha-transparency for a total ethereal feel? ;)
I agree, an element of transparency / translucency would be a nice touch.

It looks awesome though, either way.  I'm sure it will make for some very interesting gameplay.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassie :) and awesome tip, I really appreciate your feedback 8-)
Thanks dactylopus!

I actually created the whole scene with the character being transparent. But the moving static pixels looked dull with the dark background :-\
Here's a comparison with different transparencies. I was going to keep the 30% but stayed with fully opaque.

Now I may remake the sprites transparent except for the white pixels (roll)

josiah1221

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 02/07/2017 01:07:29

That sounds like it would look pretty amazing! But everything you do looks amazing anyway ;)

dactylopus

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 02/07/2017 01:07:29
Thanks Cassie :) and awesome tip, I really appreciate your feedback 8-)
Thanks dactylopus!

I actually created the whole scene with the character being transparent. But the moving static pixels looked dull with the dark background :-\
Here's a comparison with different transparencies. I was going to keep the 30% but stayed with fully opaque.

You're very welcome.  I like the looks of the transparency, but can see why you decided not to.  The idea of only adding transparency to either the blue or the white pixels would probably look much better then either fully opaque or fully translucent.  Really interesting to see the images of how the concept progressed.  Also, I wanted to say earlier but did not, I really like the way the hexagonal tiles work in the animation.  Very inventive, and very cool.

selmiak

Doesn'T AGS support different blending modes?
If you ask me as a medium to the etherreal I'd split white and blue pixels and make 2 versions and have one of the 2 versions with some 100% opacity and hopefully supported blending to the nice BG, in PS blending white to interesting colors looks always interesting again. So I'd have one version be the main character and add 3-5 NPC with the other color (or a colorramp over the different characters) in decresing opacity, let these follow the player all with different walking speeds or some codemagic offset to still end walking on the same spot as the main player character.

Looking great already

AnasAbdin

Thanks josiah1221 :-*

Quote from: dactylopus on Mon 03/07/2017 01:45:50
I wanted to say earlier but did not, I really like the way the hexagonal tiles work in the animation.  Very inventive, and very cool.

Thanks dactylopus glad you like the effect! Placing the hexagonal tiles was a little tricky specially that they are always randomly positioned and must be suitably adjacent like a beehive (nod)

selmiak.. oh selmiak.. you mind manipulator :-D The multi NPCs idea is brilliant. I feel I do not need the character to be transparent anymore. I mean the effect is achieved with this method (nod)

Bonus image for you all for being such a great inspiration :P

Man this room took a lot of coding to achieve the final form.. there are still several ethereal rooms with tricky puzzles but one little sample is enough to show (laugh)

dactylopus

Wow, that looks very cool.  Nice work!

josiah1221

Wow, now THAT is perfect! As for the animation :shocked:

Cassiebsg

That looks awesome! (nod)
Good thinking selmiak, great implementation AnasAbdin! (nod) :-D

NickyNyce

I can't freaking wait to play this game. I am absolutely amazed at how much work you've put into this. You have blown my mind away with all the little details. You sir, are a machine!

Blondbraid

This game starts to look more and more like every single sci-fi film made between 1969 and 1999 mashed together, but in a cool way! 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk