Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

Personally I love such little design touches. It's like the game is telling me "look how the devs/designers are thinking of everything!" But hey, I was growing up with Origin Systems productions, so it's normal I'm always looking for such things in games. :D

Also great animation, man. :) Really digging that parallax scrolling

AnasAbdin

Thanks all for your opinions :)

The poll gave a majority of people showing interest in little details (nod)

While I was playing/testing puzzles.. I came across this and had to innovate it :-D

old:

new:

Hope it looks better now ???

Click'd

I like the first one better, save for the water effects and the columns.

That being said, when will you let others play?

AnasAbdin

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Sat 26/08/2017 13:00:20
That being said, when will you let others play?

The game is still in production, when it's finished development everyone gets to play (roll)

Click'd

No testing?

Also, it looks like the water follows the steps downward.

Cassiebsg

I like both waters!
But the 2nd is more realistic.

And I agree with ClickClickClick about the water level and the stairs/side... the angle seems off. maybe add some small steep waterfalls? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

ClickClickClick the game is not fully implemented for testing. I'll let you know :)

Cassie: I'll work on the water level as ClickClickClick noted. But no waterfall because spoiler alert :P

AnasAbdin

Fixed the water level :)

Click'd

I guess I'm sounding like an asshole, but... now the water has a bump. If you say that's a hint of sorts I'm fine with it.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Sat 02/09/2017 08:59:24
I guess I'm sounding like an asshole, but... now the water has a bump. If you say that's a hint of sorts I'm fine with it.

Not at all! Feedback is appreciated 8-)
The water is under the edge, it's made in a 3D software first ;)

Click'd

Ah, so the stairs are hanging over the water. Alright. Sorry.

Mandle

Despite the issues mentioned with the level, I really prefer the water effect in this version:
Spoiler

[close]

It really gives the water depth and a realistic liquid ripple.

The latest seems a bit too fast and not so liquidy for me.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 02/09/2017 13:18:29
Despite the issues mentioned with the level, I really prefer the water effect in this version:
Spoiler

[close]

It really gives the water depth and a realistic liquid ripple.

The latest seems a bit too fast and not so liquidy for me.

Fair enough. I think I'll stick to the version Mandle mentioned. Something between the dark blue hue and the unrealistic 3D-ness (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Haven't done one of those in a long time:
#screenshotsaturday !

Got yourself into trouble and went to jail? Use Maciek to solve some puzzles for you in an unconventional way. No you are not going to switch player characters.

I don't want to open a thread for a quick task, but if anyone interested in helping me code something please pm me :-[ Sorry Darth!

Blondbraid

A prison escape? How exciting!

josiah1221

I hope it doesn't take 19 yrs (Shawshank Redemption) lol ;) I wonder what happened to the person outside the prison?! Interesting :)

Click'd

This is the longest "in production" thread in recent history, if not of all time (couldn't be arsed to check all 104 pages). Let's hope this thread doesn't get 104 pages itself ;)

CaptainD

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Mon 25/09/2017 04:14:49
This is the longest "in production" thread in recent history, if not of all time (couldn't be arsed to check all 104 pages). Let's hope this thread doesn't get 104 pages itself ;)

Hehe you don't need to check all pages, just sort by Views and Replies - and Tardigrades is indeed the biggest on both counts!

First time I saw that animation my eyes played tricks on me and I thought he'd unscrewed something and started a shower inside the bedrooms! (roll)(laugh)

AnasAbdin

Blondbraid: two prisons breaks so far (laugh)

josiah1221: eagle eye! Ssshhhhh! Spoiler :~(

ClickClickClick: thanks for your interest. Several games take forever to create specially when only one single person works on them on his part time (nod) lucky for me that I'm not losing interest in the process. Actually I'm gaining interest!

CaptainD: Lol I like your scenario better (laugh)

Slasher

The Day when this game is finally released I hope that this author is content with what he has done and proud of his efforts and will be rewarded with the fact that all the time spent has been worthwhile...

Generally I think we all get that  'I could have done this better' /  'I should have done it that way.'

Fingers crossed that this is not and that the author is content with his finished work (nod)

You have put so much effort into this game far (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk