Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Looking good! Seems like somebody is super anxious... he could use a cold shower, haha.

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 21/07/2018 09:46:27
Someone is in disguise, can you guess which is which? (nod)
I bet the one pacing back and forth in a loop is a robot! :)

CrashPL

Ah, gotta love backgrounds involving bright neons, blinking lights and hologram displays. ;) A great job as usual, man!

Click'd

A welcome change from all the water  (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: josiah1221 on Mon 23/07/2018 03:12:26
Looking good! Seems like somebody is super anxious... he could use a cold shower, haha.

Why you! >:( SPOILER ALERT! You are correct specially about the cold shower I swear it's as if you read my mind! (laugh)

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 23/07/2018 18:13:33
I bet the one pacing back and forth in a loop is a robot! :)

Robots don't like cold showers :P

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 24/07/2018 06:25:39
Ah, gotta love backgrounds involving bright neons, blinking lights and hologram displays. ;) A great job as usual, man!

..and you get to play around with them as well ;-D

Quote from: Cl... on Tue 24/07/2018 08:11:59
A welcome change from all the water  (laugh)

Unless someone pees themselves you'd have a puddle ;)

josiah1221

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 02/08/2018 14:57:17
Quote from: josiah1221 on Mon 23/07/2018 03:12:26

Why you! >:( SPOILER ALERT! You are correct specially about the cold shower I swear it's as if you read my mind! (laugh)

Haha, really?! Well, I guess it's true what they say, great minds do think alike ;)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 02/08/2018 20:42:44
Haha, really?! Well, I guess it's true what they say, great minds do think alike ;)

You'll be unfair to yourself if you compare your mind to my almost wiped-out-wrecked-miserable mind! (laugh)
Thanks anyway!

Ray

Space Adventure theme is my favorite and your game looks to become a very interesting story :)
I also like your artworks style - it's clear and yet, have a lot of room for imagination.
If it's not a secret... Do you use some 3D (Blender or SketchUp) program for creating spaceship/rooms basic shapes?

Looking forward to play your game :)

AnasAbdin

Thank you Ray!
And no secret at all! I've always shared many of my rooms creation process. The interiors are always made with SketchUp.

While outdoors and nature scenes are 100% 2D..

Ray

Thanks Anas :)

These images look great!
I was thinking about using SketchUp for basic rooms design, but never saw adventure game images made with it.

I wish you all the best with this project!
Ray

AnasAbdin

...aaaand I woke up this morning to hate mail and insulting negative tweets (roll)
Tardigrades is covered after the 10 minutes mark:

Cassiebsg

Some pll that that there~s not bad publicity... Hopefully all this controversy might end up boosting sales. Here's hoping. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Unfortunately, Cassie, there IS bad publicity and has devastating effects on brands and sadly on individuals. For someone who makes a game every several years, it was never a sales matter for me (and i believe for most of us here), but constantly being accused of stealing their content is bothering/boggling me :-\

Cassiebsg

Well, the internet is your documented proof that you can't possibly have stolen their content, since you have been working on it (and showing your work) long long before they're project even aired or was announced. Of course for them a legal suit (that they know they can't win) is just peanuts for them, while for you can be devastating (and impossible to hold the legal fees)... and they know it.

Also any person claiming you stole/plagiarised their work is just an ignorant ignoble.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dactylopus

I'm sorry that this controversy continues to damage you and your game.  It's ridiculous that it's even an issue at all.

josiah1221

Well, from watching that video. It seems Discovery didn't do so well and with plans of bringing Patrick Stewart back into the mix this will hopefully blow over and nothing more will become of it.

Stupot

It's weird that there are trolls accusing YOU of plagiarism. You just have to have a basic understanding of how time works in order to know that's not the case.

Click'd

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 13/08/2018 22:37:08
It's weird that there are trolls accusing YOU of plagiarism. You just have to have a basic understanding of how time works in order to know that's not the case.
If you wanna troll you don't let things like logic or facts stand in your way.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cl... on Tue 14/08/2018 02:35:13
Quote from: Stupot on Mon 13/08/2018 22:37:08
If you wanna troll you don't let things like logic or facts stand in your way.
Exactly, and even if both works do share a giant Tardigrade, you have to ignore pretty much all surrounding context in order to accuse one of simply being a ripoff of the other.

It reminds me of people accusing Disney's Atlantis of ripping off Stargate, because both movies feature a protagonist who leads a team of explorers to an ancient civilization and eventually falls in love with a local princess while discovering their history,
but at the same time both stories are drastically different in things such as the setting, who the villain is and what tone the story has, and you could list just as many differences as similarities.

On this logic alone, you could accuse every singe fantasy book to be a ripoff of Tolkien, or all sci-fi of stealing from Flash Gordon.

AnasAbdin

Thank you all for your support. You have no idea how much this mean to me specially at this time <3

let's celebrate this Saturday with a screenshot:
Swimming or fishing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk