Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

I've been implementing the script for the Italian translation!

Seems like signore Carter is taking the Italian language a little bit more serious!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

ahahah, I see what you did there :D

sawyer

:shocked:

dactylopus

That's a nice little touch!  Hopefully not too over the top for Italian players.

And that's another fantastic background!  Just enough movement to feel alive without being overwhelming.

josiah1221

Maybe I'm late to the party but I'm just now noticing the copyright symbol along with the title?! Is this good news that I have missed out on???

Blondbraid

Fantastic work with the latest nature backgrounds, they look truly gorgeous!

And it's impressive to see that there's so many translations, even AAA games cheap out on those more often than not.

AnasAbdin

Thanks! Cassiebsg, sawyer and selmiak :-*

Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 22/12/2018 19:56:29
And that's another fantastic background!  Just enough movement to feel alive without being overwhelming.

Thanks! Just wait until the natural sounds kick in!

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sun 23/12/2018 05:37:43
Maybe I'm late to the party but I'm just now noticing the copyright symbol along with the title?! Is this good news that I have missed out on???

Yep, everything posted regarding this project is copyrighted (concept, story, characters, images, videos...)

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 23/12/2018 23:21:09
Fantastic work with the latest nature backgrounds, they look truly gorgeous!
And it's impressive to see that there's so many translations, even AAA games cheap out on those more often than not.

Thanks Blondbraid! AAA games? Meh.. we're all here above that...
We..
Are..
AGS
(nod)

AnasAbdin

Here's an important quick update on the legal part of the production of the game.
A few weeks ago a new judge was assigned to the case, the first one left without giving reasons. The new judge asked for a joint letter to be delivered January 2nd. My lawyers and the defendants lawyers worked on the letter and it was sent on time. Before that letter, the defendants sent the old judge an unofficial letter stating that I am trying to own copyrights to a public domain "real life microscopic living organisms", we replied and their unofficial letter has no effect at all. Up until this moment and on the official sent joint letter, the defendants are still claiming that I am trying to own copyrights on "enlarged tardigrades in space". I never claimed that. They are constantly misleading the court by omitting the color and functionality of the creatures in the game.

Also they are playing the "Scènes à  faire" card, which simply means that in a sci fi show, you can safely use standards such as a spaceship, a space captain, engineer, alien... however the expressions are protected (pointy ears.. rigged foreheads.. etc..) like in a western movie (fast draw and bar fights scenes..)

In a couple of days, the judge will have a meeting with both side's lawyers.. It's gonna be a big day  (roll)

dactylopus

Interesting legal details.

There is clearly a lot more at stake here than the simple idea of large tardigrades.  It's despicable that they are trying to circumvent the law with their letters.

I hope that a new judge will be able to see the light.  A decision in your favor should be pretty clear, in my opinion, but I'm no legal expert.

Keep fighting for this!  Best wishes!

Jack

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 06/01/2019 07:30:30
Up until this moment and on the official sent joint letter, the defendants are still claiming that I am trying to own copyrights on "enlarged tardigrades in space". I never claimed that. They are constantly misleading the court by omitting the color and functionality of the creatures in the game.

Also they are playing the "Scènes à  faire" card, which simply means that in a sci fi show, you can safely use standards such as a spaceship, a space captain, engineer, alien... however the expressions are protected (pointy ears.. rigged foreheads.. etc..) like in a western movie (fast draw and bar fights scenes..)

This is infuriating. Playing stupid is a favourite tactic in online discussions too. Some people apparently really can't define the difference between one point of similarity in an expression, compared to three or more. The defendants don't have that excuse.

Hope the new judge doesn't have any gambling debts.

BTW I finally noticed the little detail in the translation gif. Brilliant. :D Going to keep it that way?

AnasAbdin

thank you dactylopus so much!

Jack: thanks! Sending trolls to poison online chats and debates is one thing, but using the same tactics with courts is a whole new level.

One thing worth mentioning is what they also said in the joint letter. They said that the tardigrade was only on screen for a few mere minutes and only appeared in 2 or 3 out of the 15 episodes. Because a threshold is also crucial to determine the amount of plagiarized meterial. We did mention that they used the tardigrade's DNA as a proxy on the rest of the season. The abilities they got from the tardigrade was the main plot for the entire season.

Quote from: Jack on Sun 06/01/2019 11:12:55
BTW I finally noticed the little detail in the translation gif. Brilliant. :D Going to keep it that way?

Haha thanks! Yeah it stays, it's not going to be for every line though, there are several little jokes here and there  ;)

CaptainD

I'm no legal expert but that defence sounds a little flimsy to say the least.  Anyway I hope it goes well, must be nerve-wracking for you!!

Danvzare

I haven't checked on this thread for a while, but when I do, I see you're in a legal battle.   :shocked:

I'd ask what's going on, but I think I already do, since I remember the Star Trek debacle. I just can't believe it's escalated this much.
Good luck AnasAbdin. I can't imagine how horrible this must be making you feel, but I know you can win.  :-D

Stupot

Good luck with this new judge, man.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 06/01/2019 17:13:21
I'm no legal expert but that defence sounds a little flimsy to say the least.  Anyway I hope it goes well, must be nerve-wracking for you!!

lol Dave if you heard their claims you'd be surprised how fun this lawsuit is going to be.

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 07/01/2019 13:35:31
I haven't checked on this thread for a while, but when I do, I see you're in a legal battle.   :shocked:

I'd ask what's going on, but I think I already do, since I remember the Star Trek debacle. I just can't believe it's escalated this much.
Good luck AnasAbdin. I can't imagine how horrible this must be making you feel, but I know you can win.  :-D

Thanks Danvzare for the kind wishes and support  :-*

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 07/01/2019 22:40:34
Good luck with this new judge, man.

thanks Stu! She's awesome.

Here's an update from my blog:

Yesterday, January 8th, the judge had a pretrial hearing in her courtroom with all lawyers involved. The meeting resulted in very positive outcomes that help find the truth and serve justice. The defendants request to dismiss the case based on it being a "frivolous claim" was not entertained by the judge. The defendants' argument kept going around me trying to own copyrights to the real life tardigrade (I never claimed that).

The judge set the timeline for summary judgment motion which means that the defendants attempt to dismiss the case is limited to actual legal defects instead of generic claims.

The judge also gave us 'discovery' which means that we can request and the defendants are compelled to provide information to support our case.  The discovery order was only one sided which means that the defendants cannot request information from us.

Finally, the judge granted us the third amended complaint as of right.  This means that we no longer need the expressed permission from the defendants to file the third complaint.

Cassiebsg

Sounds like good news for a change.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

yay, strip off their pants!
Should result in a lot of monies that will support gamedev, win win :D

Slasher

Plagiarized material........ US Films have been doing that for years....Maybe the 'powers that be' have not noticed or been given a back-hander?

It is a tricky area....  sometimes it's best to curve the softball to avoid the crap...

I hope it will not stop your production that you have been working on for so long...

TardigradeX  (laugh)

TimeTravellerR

Nerdrotic is pushing this hard on YouTube and I am signal boosting on Minds.com.

I use AGS for film making and face similar plagiarism issues. One of the most infuriating things is when ignorant people flat out say that the victim is the plagiarist!

I wish you all the luck in the world! CBS is in such hot water over this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk