Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Just be glad he's swimming on his belly and not on his back.  (laugh)
The water and the cycle look great!  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dactylopus

What a pretty underwater background!  Great animation.

Mandle

I like it how the bubbles sometimes make it look like...

Nevermind, I'm a child.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 25/08/2019 10:59:36

Nevermind, I'm a child.

Heh. https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50444.msg636558327#msg636558327

BTW, from technical perspective (and knowing some AGS limitations), I keep wondering, how do all those animations impact game size? Looking back at all the screenshots and gifs, you have almost every room animated in some way.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 24/08/2019 13:33:53
Just be glad he's swimming on his belly and not on his back.  (laugh)
The water and the cycle look great!  (nod)

Lol thanks! About the cycle, I'd like to remind you that I rotoscope the cycles in this project  :-D  :-[

Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 24/08/2019 14:43:32
What a pretty underwater background!  Great animation.

Thanks dactylopus! This is only a cropped part of the room, which is a part of 16+ underwater rooms  ;)

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 25/08/2019 10:59:36

Nevermind, I'm a child.

Dude.. I'm more childish than you! As Crimson Wizard provided the link, I will let one slip away  :-D

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 25/08/2019 13:43:41
BTW, from technical perspective (and knowing some AGS limitations), I keep wondering, how do all those animations impact game size? Looking back at all the screenshots and gifs, you have almost every room animated in some way.

Actually I'm very careful with this to an OCD level. I try to be "smart" and I try as much as possible to recycle sprites by reusing them. The cut-scenes animations are also very carefully made with large solid colors areas to prevent large video sizes. Man I'm even super careful with the code size! Btw the underwater effect is a plugin  ;)
Tardigrades is 500MBs when compiled (Aug 25th 2019) without speech.

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 24/08/2019 07:59:50

CrashPL

Best water in a 2D game confirmed. Can't wait to to play this one!

AnasAbdin

Thank you so much you beautiful eyelashed dinosaur  :-D

AnasAbdin

I just returned from visiting dad from the cemetery, I got the news that the judge ruled against me. I would like to thank everyone who supported me. I don't have enough words to describe my gratitude to everyone who believed in me and my case. I cannot thank my lawyers enough for believing in me and fighting for me. I respect the ruling and I expect everyone to do so. I'm not sure what happens to my project now, or my independent-game development career in general.

Cassiebsg

That suck... just shows that money still counts...  :~(
Best wishes!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Retro Wolf

Sorry to hear about that mate, wishing you well.

Matti

josiah1221

So sorry to hear this Anas.  :~( The world is a cruel place! I just hope you will still be able to release your game after all this time and hard work. I for one am always here for you and support you always!

dactylopus

That's really a terrible result.  The judge must either be paid off or a blind fool.

While I understand your need to respect the decision, I hope that this does not impact your game development.  I would love to see this (and future) games completed.

Stupot

The good thing to come out of this is that CBS can't do anything to stop you making Tardigrades because you have on paper a judge saying that the two works aren't similar. So I say just put this all behind you and focus on getting the game into our greedy hands :-)

AnasAbdin

Slasher

Never give up.... Sometimes we need to re-route paths to the same destination..

What can you change to keep it unique?

Just do what has to be done...

Good luck  (nod)

Durq

How far along is the game?

CrashPL

So sorry to hear this, Anas. Please hang in there and don't give up on the game - I'm sure many, many people (including myself) would love to play the full version of Tardigrades.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Sorry to hear about the ruling. Keep on with your game, it will be a slap in their faces!  (laugh) Think of how the internet will have a hay day tormenting CBS with the side by side screen shots for years to come. Or just think of how many people will get to enjoy your game, in a less spiteful take.  ;)

shaun9991

This really does suck Anas, I'm heartbroken for you. I really hope this doesn't mean the end for Tardigrades? <3
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk