2034 A.C. II (AGS Bake Sale II)

Started by Ponch, Mon 26/05/2014 19:59:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

BackBacon Games Is Proud To Present

2034 A.C. II (After Canada)

With only a week left before the end of Bake Sale 2, it' s time to pimp my game! :=

Yes, I know I should have started this thread before now, but I was in a motorcycle wreck just a few days before Bake Sale II kicked off. I got banged up pretty badly. My motorcycle was totaled and various bits of me were broken, pulled, dislocated, or sprained. I've bee tripping on painkillers for the last couple of weeks and haven't been around the forums very much. So big thanks to the other bakers for picking up the slack and keeping the fundraiser running smoothly while I lay around the house and slept too much.

But you wanted to read about the game, right? Of course, you do! So here's the scoop, eh? This game is the direct sequel to my original MAGS game, released in January of last year. Learn more about that game HERE. This new game takes place a few months after the first one, as the world continues to collapse into chaos and disorder. I'd say more, but I don't want to give away the incredibly awesome obvious clever twists.

Features:

* Exciting Driving Sequences!
* Assless Chaps!
* Pixelated Corporate Logos!
* Goldfish!
* Lo-Res Partial Nudity
* French Lessons!
* Multiple Inventory Containers!
* Oodles and Oodles of Dialog and Interactions!
* Shameless Use of Jelly Donut Filling for Semi-Erotic Purposes!
* Music by Ben304, HandsFree, and Intense Degree!
* Menu Art by Anian!
* 2 Hours of Gameplay! (more or less)
* Unfiltered Canadian-ness

This game is part of the AGS Bake Sale II bundle. Get over there and purchase a copy, won't you? It's for a good cause: The AGS Community! :cheesy:

Download Now!

UPDATE:
If you downloaded your game before May 8th, you might need to apply this patch to fix a weird bug that could lock up the game.
http://www.barnrunner.com/patches/2034ACII-Hotfix.zip
If you purchased the game after the 8th of May, then your copy is already patched.

Stee

My dearest Ponch

Is there a reason why the cursor doesn't react in full screen mode? I've been dying to laugh at those crazy canucks ever since I finished 2034 A.C I!!!!!
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Ponch

What? You're having cursor problems? I just ran it full screen on my Win7 laptop and it worked just fine. Is this happening globally? Or is it room specific? :shocked:

Baron

I think Ponch still uses AGS version 2.54, or something like that, and publishes his games with Direct Draw. (roll)  With my graphics driver I always have to add these dll files (zipped) to the game folder of these old-style games in order for the screen to update properly.  Let me know if that helps.

Ponch

AGS 2.56d is the only true AGS!!!1!

And for your information, this game was upconverted from 2.72 to 3.2.1. So put that in your monocle and smoke it! :=

Stee

Quote from: Baron on Tue 27/05/2014 18:05:54
I think Ponch still uses AGS version 2.54, or something like that, and publishes his games with Direct Draw. (roll)  With my graphics driver I always have to add these dll files (zipped) to the game folder of these old-style games in order for the screen to update properly.  Let me know if that helps.

That worked a treat Baron cheers!!

I believe I also had the same issue with your game too (even though it was running in d3d) but it fixed this too

:)
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Ponch

Okay, I just tried out my game on the Win 8.1 machine and it ran fine. What on earth is causing this issue with some people? I'm stumped. Can I get some tech support in my tech support thread? :embarrassed:

Glad to know your problem is fixed, Stee. Thanks, Baron. :smiley:

Baron

I don't know how it works, all I know is it does.  Thank Saurabh and his spontaneous gesture of human kindness.  :)

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 28/05/2014 02:51:25
I don't know how it works, all I know is it does.  Thank Saurabh and his spontaneous gesture of human kindness.  :)
So it's magic, is it? I didn't realize you were the sort to believe in gnomes and whatnot, Baron. :=

I'm curious as to why the problem exists. My game plays fine on my old desktop (XP), my laptop (Win7), and my girlfriend's laptop and my office computer (Win8). So what causes the problem with other people's systems? And don't say fairies! :wink:

Frodo

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 28/05/2014 04:02:26
So what causes the problem with other people's systems? And don't say fairies! :wink:

Goblins  :tongue:

Ponch

Frodo

tzachs

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 26/05/2014 19:59:11
Yes, I know I should have started this thread before now, but I was in a motorcycle wreck just a few days before Bake Sale II kicked off. I got banged up pretty badly. My motorcycle was totaled and various bits of me were broken, pulled, dislocated, or sprained.

I happened to stumble upon footage from just before the accident (the photo is hard to digest, though, so only for those of you with a strong stomach).
Spoiler

[close]
It clearly shows that you weren't looking at the road!

Ponch

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 29/05/2014 15:57:21
It clearly shows that you weren't looking at the road!
When you've got legs that sexy, Tzachs, you don't have to look at the road. Hell, when I'm wearing my assless chaps, I don't even need to stay awake. I just let the bike take me where my legs need to go. :cool:

Baron

My non-blink-tagged-but-still-critically-important-information sense is tingling!  Is there something important we should know about the availability of this sassy-yet-charming game? 

Ponch

That's right Captain Monocle! The AGS BAKE SALE II has come out of the kitchen for one more week to help ProgZStu and all the others who missed it the first time around (for some mysterious reason). Get those leftover bundles of gaming goodness while you can!

Baron

The giant counter at bluecupbakesale.com says that there's only 1 more day left to get this game!  Surely it is in error?  You wouldn't deprive humanity of the opportunity to download this tongue-in-cheek-in-gravy comedy adventure, would you P?  That would be cruel!  What is your loyal but financially slothful fan-base to do??!?? 8-0 

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Sun 15/06/2014 03:57:21
The giant counter at bluecupbakesale.com says that there's only 1 more day left to get this game!  Surely it is in error?  You wouldn't deprive humanity of the opportunity to download this tongue-in-cheek-in-gravy comedy adventure, would you P?  That would be cruel!  What is your loyal but financially slothful fan-base to do??!?? 8-0 
All they can do is get their lazy butts in gear and get on the interwebs and head over to the bake sale website! And I'd hurry if I were them! (nod)

AprilSkies

Aaaarghh!!! You too, Baron!!!
My poor eyes!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Ponch

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sun 15/06/2014 09:26:54
Aaaarghh!!! You too, Baron!!!
My poor eyes!
'Twas the Baron what started it! Tis his gif, good bee! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk