LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : Kickstarter ends tomorrow!

Started by declerfayt, Tue 27/05/2014 22:08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

declerfayt

LANCELOT'S HANGOVER

A whole life to find the Holy Grail
One alcohol-filled night to lose it

KICKSTARTER: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1295580533/lancelots-hangover-the-quest-for-the-holy-booze

Lancelot's first beta is available!
Free! 20-minute-long!
Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

This first beta shows you the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

Quote from: The Knights Of The Round TableDon't be shy, mate: click on the screenshots to see them bigger!

Hi everyone ;-D

I'm from Belgium and I'm designing a funny and old-school point and click adventure game for PC and Mac.

Here's the pitch:
After a 10-year quest, Lancelot and his fellow Gawain have found the Holy Grail! Immediately informed, King Arthur runs to meet the most valiant knights of the Round Table. While their king brings them fortune and fame, Lancelot and Gawain celebrate their victory over a few beers. The next morning, Lancelot wakes up in his underwear in a gay bar. The keeper tells him that he has lost the Holy Grail playing cards and Gawain has been kidnapped by environmental activists. If he does not want to be killed by Arthur, Lancelot has to get back the Grail and his companion in arms before the king of Britain discovers what happened.

I've started this thread on the AGS forum to introduce you the game's developpement. I will be extremely glad to get your comments, advices and suggestions. My goal is to provide you the funniest point and click I can.

If you have questions about the sorywriting, the making of the artworks, the code stuff, the list of all psychoactive drugs consumed to craft the puzzles and the 'creative' businness plan behind the game financing (and yes, all the rumours about the offshore accounts and the ties with the Russian mafia you read on the Internet are true!), feel from to drop me a comment. I'll make my best to reply the most sincerely I can.

If you want to test the game, a beta is coming very soon. I'll give a download link on this forum. Or if it's handier for you, I'll tweet the link on @Lancelot_game

Thanks ;-D

Jean-Baptiste

QuoteVery Important (although boring) Legal Stuff

The European Commercial Court of Justice (ECCJ), held on 8th February 2014 in Brussels (Belgium), stated that:

• The author of the video game called "Lancelot's Hangover" is no more allowed to include in his playful-oriented computer program any puzzles that can be solved in a logical manner. The player, to progress through the game, must always use, one by one, all the objects in the inventory on all the different objects and characters within the game (and if possible, several times). In addition, only websites in Serbo-Croatian language will be willing to publish a text walkthrough (which must first be encrypted using the SHA-512 algorithm).
  • The author of the video game "Lancelot's Hangover" will also break any contacts with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un by 23th June 2014 and will provide a urine sample, every Tuesday morning, at The European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) until 1st January 2017 inclusive.
Lancelot's Hangover : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Play free beta // Video trailer // Website

Darth Mandarb

Are the screenshots actually "in game" shots?  I don't see any cursor or GUIs (aside from what looks like an empty inventory on the left)?

Also, this is being made in AGS right?

declerfayt

Hi Darth Mandarb and thanks for your post ;-D

• These screenshots were composed with Photoshop during preprod, but the assets in game will be the very same. Only the GUI will be a bit updated.

• Yep. The game is made with AGS, and the in-game sequences during the trailer video has been taken from my computer screen while playing (even the thunder background!). The opening church plan and the 'VGA graphics' and logo plans of the trailer were made with AfterEffects thought.
Lancelot's Hangover : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Darth Mandarb

declerfayt

Thanks Darth Mandarb ;-D I'll update this thread while the game is making ;)

bicilotti

ahah, nice game idea and entertaining WiP thread! Good luck with this!

Kasander

This is brilliant! I can only applaud your pseudo-medieval style. The plot sounds fun, too. I'm looking forward to playing the game. Cheers :)

AprilSkies

OMG!
I must play this! I'm sure I will laugh a lot!!!!
Good work, man! Looking forward to play it!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gurok

I love the framing and the limited palettes. Looks straight out of an ancient manuscript. Good luck and I hope you get it done!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

declerfayt

Thank you so much bicilotti, Kasander, AprilSkies and Gurok. I look forward to give you the link to download the beta! :)

If some of you understand Russian, a Lancelot fan have written a so kind article on QuestZone: http://questzone.ru/news/EupEFuFkpVDwDgMYso :)

edit by darth - posts combined (no need to double-post!)

cat

The game looks awesome, love the setting and the graphics! Also the video is very professional. Thanks for sharing the fotos of your notes.

Looking forward to it!

declerfayt

selmiak

had a good laugh at that trailer already, the story sounds funny, i want to play this NOW! :-D

AprilSkies

declerfayt

Thanks a lot selmiak :) Just a few weeks of patience :)

Viva Italia AprilSkies ! :D

declerfayt

Lancelot's first beta is available!
Free! 20-minute-long!
Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

The very first playable beta of Lancelot's Hangover is available! It's 32.7 megabytes and 20 minutes of medieval fun, including 256-color VGA graphics in 1080p for later-than-1995-Pentium users! And it's free!

This first beta shows you the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

All bug reports, suggestions, comments are welome! Don't be shy! I will be glad to hear from you! ;-D

Mandle

Downloading the demo now...

Reminds me a lot of the animations in Monty Python and The Holy Grail already!

7 seconds left of download so...

I'm gonna bravely run away!

declerfayt

Wow, Monty Pyhtons! That's very flattering ;-D

Feel free to tell me what you think of Lancelot, Mandle. I will be glad to know what do you think about :)

AprilSkies

Hey declerfayt,
happy to see the work is going on well.

I downloaded and played and It's REALLY funny. I "LOLled" a lot on some sentences.

Well it's a kind of long prologue, very well done and very funny.
Just one point: Atm interactions consist of dialogues only, it would be great if the demo could show a bit more of thegame mechanics, such as interaction of the player on objects and hotspot, inventory and so on.

But still a great work.

selmiak

There is a lot of funny dialoge in it, but I couldn't get to the end as the font is hard to read, but fitting to the overall theme and way too much dialoge and too little playeraction besides clicking on a dialoge line.
Also the headbanging distracted me, just moving lips will do the trick better imho.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk