Site Registration

Started by Scott274, Sat 31/05/2014 14:05:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott274

Just dropped in to mention that the registration process of this site is ridiculously difficult. Lots of new internet users can't even fill out the email address field without some difficulty, I myself have signed up on hundreds of forums before this but it still took me a good 20-25 mins to get through that questionnaire and the only thing I wanted to do was leave a quick casual comment on a game I had just played..

Guys, most internet forum rules are pretty much similar, if you really want to make new members aware of the rules, just quote the important ones and leave a check box at the end of each or something, that registration quiz is a bad idea, I mean it was frustrating as hell going through those questions again and again and keep getting, "you have one wrong answer, try again"!!

Cassiebsg

Uhm... I didn't even knew it was possible to get it wrong!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Retro Wolf

We have to keep out the riff raff somehow!

bicilotti

20 to 25 minutes is an awful lot of time.
Which particular question(s) was/were difficult for you to answer?

frenzykitty

So you get through the registration process and this is the first thing you post?  :/

selmiak

A long time ago I registered just to complain about the registration process. Then I decided to screw that idea and rather complain about everything else...

Calin Leafshade

I remember doing to test many years ago. I remember it being pretty painless.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sat 31/05/2014 21:35:43
I remember it being pretty painless.

It is, if you answer with the most sane/sensible answers. It's usually those who are unable to (or simply don't have the patience to) sensibly parse the text that fail to complete it on the first pass.

Having said that, it could benefit from being updated.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Adeel

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 31/05/2014 16:28:01
Uhm... I didn't even knew it was possible to get it wrong!

Some people have low learning curve. Some have learning disorder i.e. they are unable to adapt to new things easily. Not everyone is same and we shouldn't forget that. :)

AGA

If you have a learning difficulty, games as notoriously complex as adventures may not be best suited.  Besides, the answers are in plain sight.

Adeel

Quote from: AGA on Sat 07/06/2014 23:51:32
If you have a learning difficulty, games as notoriously complex as adventures may not be best suited.

Walkthroughs are made for a reason, aren't they? ;)

Retro Wolf

I think there should be a test once a year, if you fail you're banned and all your posts are deleted! ;)

selmiak

yeah, once you get notified of the test you have 10 minutes to complete it, otherwise you're banned. No chance to look it all up or to postpone the test.
And every time you pass the test you get 3 'test this forum user now' tokens you can use whenever you want on whoever you want :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk