Technobabylon [RELEASED]

Started by Technocrat, Sun 01/06/2014 15:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

A jobless agoraphobe, addicted to the man-made worlds of a distant descendant of the internet, has become targeted for assassination by forces beyond her understanding. With nobody she could really call an enemy or a friend, she must face the dangers of "meatspace", and survive a conspiracy that has invisibly ruled her entire life.

An agent of the city's all-seeing secret police finds himself blackmailed with the lives of the unborn children of his long-dead wife. Pushed to the limits by his deceit and his past, how far is he willing to go to save his legacy?

Follow their lives as a string of catastrophes threatens not only themselves, but everything they think they know about the city!

Preorders now open at Wadjet Eye!

LAUNCH TRAILER

Based upon several of Technocrat Games' early projects, Technobabylon is a science-fiction mystery, inspired by the classics of speculative literature.  Both a remake of the original three parts released in 2010/2011, and a continuation of the story over eight further chapters, the art talents of Ben Chandler (ThreeOhFour) and Ivan Ulyanov (Ilyich) illustrate a world coming to terms with cyberpunk lifestyles redefining what it means to be human. Nathan Pinard, audio artist for Gemini Rue, lends his musical talent to the project for a suitably atmospheric score.

The completed project will be commercial, and we have a delightful arrangement with Dave Gilbert and Wadjet Eye!

Follow us for updates on the project, or little bits of extra background about the world of Technobabylon:
- Development Blog
- Twitter: @technocratgames

Coming: 21 May 2087 2015

frenzykitty

This makes my insides all warm and fuzzy :-D

selmiak

yay, more cyberpunk games! :-D

Hobo

Awesome! I really enjoyed the three Technobabylon episodes and this looks to be a big step forwards in overall quality. I foresee great success and lots of up-the-spine chills for this one.

Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 01/06/2014 15:19:14
what it means to be human
Also, this is my favorite part of science fiction.

Grundislav

Sslaxx

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 01/06/2014 17:51:49
Looking great!
Looking forward to hearing how it'll sound, too! Gemini Rue had a great soundtrack.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Stupot

Sweet. What a treat! So many gorgeous games in the pipeline.

JSH

Nice to see you guys are finally making it official :) I loved the original games, can't wait to see them live up to their full potential in the remake!

Dave Gilbert

Woo! Yes, James and Ben have been working on this game fulltime since about January. It is looking VERY sweet.

AnasAbdin

Finally! I was looking forward to seeing this (laugh)

CaptainD

This looks, in a word... AMAZING.

Armageddon

Cyberpunk is back! I'll plug my gun into my head now.

This is looking really sweet and I could never beat the original games. Can't wait to play this. :-D

SeamanNaranja

Stunning visual style! :shocked:
And cyberpunk is always awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this! :cheesy:
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Technocrat

With all this outside involvement, Technobabylon is looking a whole lot better than if it was just me doing it. It took other people to make it look how I imagined it! :-D

Here's the destruction of Singapore.

CaptainD

What did Singapore do to you?!?

Azure

I'm really excited about this game! I remember you talking about it at AdventureX so it's really cool to see some new screens!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

yamipanda

Tabata

WOW! That's awesome!

With such a team you can't fail! Eagerly waiting for this to come ;-D

Dave Gilbert

It was that
Quote from: Azure on Mon 09/06/2014 13:18:51
I'm really excited about this game! I remember you talking about it at AdventureX so it's really cool to see some new screens!

It was that impressive presentation at AdventureX that encouraged me to offer James a publishing deal. :) So the conference has definitely been a Great Thing.

Technocrat

Getting on board with Wadjet Eye was, for me, the "unrealistic best-case outcome" from showing things off at AdventureX. Maybe I'll aim for Telltale with the next one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk