Technobabylon [RELEASED]

Started by Technocrat, Sun 01/06/2014 15:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

If there are two things Ben knows, it's urban decay, and blimps.

Nine sections down, two to go. There's nearly a game!  :shocked:

Stupot

Gorgeous background. I'm so excited for this game :-)

Adder

This is looking so fantastic!  Very excited!

Monsieur OUXX

WHAT THE ?!?
How did I not see that thread earlier???
Congrats Technocrat

CrashPL

Great art style and the overall atmosphere (especially the 'destruction of Singapore' and the blimp shot), I'm really looking foward to this game!

BLACKBEARD

Woah, as soon as I saw the screenshots, I was like

"BEN CHANDLER UP IN HEEERRREEE" :cheesy: oh yah (nod)

Seriously, this guy is my pixel art inspiration. When I get good at pixel art one day, I wanna be Ben Chandler good. How did you get him on board??

Sslaxx

Quote from: BLACKBEARD on Wed 09/07/2014 22:49:05

Seriously, this guy is my pixel art inspiration. When I get good at pixel art one day, I wanna be Ben Chandler good. How did you get him on board??
Because the game is being published by Wadjet Eye, and Ben is an employee.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Blackthorne

Awesome! I'll be one of the first in line to buy this one!!

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

BLACKBEARD

Quote from: Sslaxx on Thu 10/07/2014 00:01:40
Quote from: BLACKBEARD on Wed 09/07/2014 22:49:05

Because the game is being published by Wadjet Eye, and Ben is an employee.

Oh yes, he is isn't he? How much of the game do you have to have prepared for proposal to publishers you reckon? Is just a script enough?

But really, TechnoBabylon looks great. Looking forward to buying it.

Stupot

@Blackbeard - It's usually been that the games' production is well underway or even nearly finished by the time WEG picks them up to publish. In the case of TB, there have already been three TB games - this is a remake of those plus a whole lot more - so you'll probably need more than just a script. But I guess there's no harm in asking ;-D

arj0n

from the screenshots, this game looks so good!

Q: will it, once finished, also be published on steam (and/or others like GOG for ex.) or just by Dave's shop only?

Technocrat

Quote from: BLACKBEARD on Thu 10/07/2014 11:06:21

Oh yes, he is isn't he? How much of the game do you have to have prepared for proposal to publishers you reckon? Is just a script enough?

But really, TechnoBabylon looks great. Looking forward to buying it.

For the latest version, I'd cobbled up a demo of the latest version of the first episode of it (about a twelfth of the complete game), plus a document outlining my plans for the project as a whole. I think it probably varies from publisher to publisher what they want, I just had the luxury of meeting Dave in person at AdventureX, and already having his artist keen on the project!

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 10/07/2014 12:56:49

Q: will it, once finished, also be published on steam (and/or others like GOG for ex.) or just by Dave's shop only?

I *think* Steam is where it's going, but I've no idea what's happening regarding publishy stuff. I'm focusing on getting the game finished, first!

arj0n

ThreeOhFour

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 10/07/2014 12:56:49

Steam has already given me an App ID for it, so I think we can safely say it will be on Steam. GOG as well.

arj0n

Lasca

This is going to be absolutly great.
With the great art and the wonderful script this is bound to be absolutly awesome.
Thanks for doing this!!

Nathan Allen Pinard

Thought I'd chime in and show the first track created for Technobabylon: https://soundcloud.com/nathan-allen-pinard/wip-projectthingytrack1

CaptainD

Really nice track Nathan!  Can't wait to hear it in-game.

Technocrat

Hey! Hey! Hey! More fine work from Ben Chandler! Guess what section of the game this scene's from?

[imgzoom]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/Nedraed/GameStuff/11_zps32430be0.png[/imgzoom]

No, that's a silly answer, why would you even think that? It's the last section...well, second-last, but I've already made the final one. So...uh...yeah, give me a couple more weeks, and there's going to be a game playable from start to finish! Minor interruption in my productivity for getting married and stuff, but I shall endeavour not to let such trifling matters stand in the way of computer games!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk