Space Adventure game

Started by skybluerob, Sun 21/12/2014 12:48:16

Previous topic - Next topic

skybluerob

Game Name:  Space Adventure Game (working title)

The Story:  You have been sent on a mission to locate a fellow star pilot who's spacecraft was shot down above an uninhabited planet.

Some screenshots:

Development Progress:

Story: 70%
Scripting: 40%
Graphics: 40%
Sound/Music: 20%

Expected completion date:  February 2015

Development Diary:

20/12/2014:  Began making the game.  It's only a very short game to learn how to use AGS before seeing what's involved in making a longer game.  First few locations and characters done.  Having a lot of fun making it.

Cassiebsg

If you did all that in just one day, I'm impressed! (nod)
Looking forward to February already. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

skybluerob

It took one and a half days (with the initial enthusiasm that starting a project entails).  I'll likely try to work on it an hour a day except on weekends where I will hopefully get longer.

It's a very small game though.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew at this stage.  Tonight I'm adding a couple of small sprite animations.   

CaptainD

Looks promising so far - all the best with development!

skybluerob

I'm still pushing along with this one after a Christmas break. 

There is a lot to learn, but I'm finding that, so far, Adventure Studio is able to do everything I want, which is excellent. 

I've decided to expand my original game slightly, but will aim to release the first part in Feb 2015 as planned.  There will then be two further parts which will make the complete game. It's a small game but I'm having a great time trying to make everything work.

Based on the first part of this game (the part I originally had planned, which wasn't much), is now:

Story: 80%
Scripting: 50%
Graphics: 60%
Sound/Music: 25%

My next steps are to complete the basics, which includes a couple of puzzle elements, nothing very taxing.

Protostar Studio

Wow! For it to be in its current stage of development after just one and a half days you must either be really talented or very experienced, my guess it both. Keep up the good work. I'm a beginner working to make my own space based AG, have any tips on modelling programs, engines, time management?

skybluerob

It's been about 3 full days total now and as I say, it's a tiny game at the moment, though I will hopefully expand it a little.  My initial thought is that I want to make sure I produce something, rather than a big idea unfinished, so I've aimed small.

I've PMd you the rest of the response with suggestions, as per forum rules :)

Darth Mandarb

Please take off topic (non-game related) discussions into PMs please.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk