TWINKIES!

Started by Ghost, Sun 13/07/2014 21:12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

kaput

CaptainD

I extrapolate WINK, I SET.  (Oh sorry, I think I extricated instead of extrapolated. :-[

Ghost

Sorry, my mistake. I mean "extinguish".

Khris

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
QuoteHis premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.
Science!
Now tell that to the thousands of "nutritionists" who use idiotic, made up distinctions like "natural"/"chemical" or "healthy food"/"bad food".

Babar

Surely a nutritionist would be involved in more than just whether a food would help you lose weight?
At least he was eating vegetables and vitamin supplements.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Atelier

Legit question: what are twinkies?

Frodo

Tabata

Frodo

Thanks for the link Tabata  :cheesy:

Mmmm, they look yummy!  :grin:

Ponch

Personally, I never cared much for Twinkies. But as a child, I LOVED their chocolate coated cousins, the Chocodiles.

Atelier

I couldn't read the rest of the Chocodile article, is it me or is this sentence wrong? "Chocodiles /ˈtÊÆ'É’kɵdaɪlz/ was a confection created by the Hostess Brands company."

Should it not be were? Please advise.

jwalt

Quote from: Atelier on Fri 18/07/2014 10:59:36
I couldn't read the rest of the Chocodile article, is it me or is this sentence wrong? "Chocodiles /ˈtÊÆ'É’kɵdaɪlz/ was a confection created by the Hostess Brands company."

Should it not be were? Please advise.

My opinion is that was is correct, here. Chocodiles is a collective noun representing a single type of confection created by the Hostess Brands company. In context, you wouldn't say "a confection were created by the Hostess Brands company." I tend to be wrong on this type of stuff a lot, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ghost

Chocodiles sound tasty- a distant relative is available in Germany:

Atelier

^ Awesome, I remember these guys when they were 20p. Now they've trebled in price. Just like my friend Freddo :~(

Adeel

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 18/07/2014 06:34:18
Thanks for the link Tabata  :cheesy:

Mmmm, they look yummy!  :grin:

+1. Tabby always saves my neck. :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk