Background Blitz - Kid's Bedroom - Closed_Winner announced

Started by jwalt, Tue 17/06/2014 18:28:53

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

Snarky lamented that interiors were under represented in the Blitz, and since I'd been working on a kid's bedroom recently, I guess we can try for a bedroom suitable for a child. It can be from any time frame: past, present, future. It can be gender specific, or gender neutral, as you desire. It can be the bedroom you'd have loved to have had as a kid. Or it can be the bedroom you actually had, which was, in my case, the laundry room, since I shared it with a washing machine and a deep freeze. You can pity me for coming up with lame Blitzes, but sleeping in the laundry room had its perks; the freezer almost always had popsicles.

For the sake of this, let's define child as pre-teen to late teen. Nurserys can wait for another Blitz.

Criteria:

Is it believable as a child's bedroom?

Would it make a good background image for use in a game?

Does it show artistic merit?

Need inspiration? Seem to recall Resonance and Epiphany both had examples of a child's bedroom. Not that I'm a fan of Wadjet Eye, just saying...

Misj'

Unfortunately I don't have the time to enter this one (I'm a bit too swamped these next couple of weeks; so even with an extension I'd still have to skip it).  But I do want to say that I think it's a nice theme that allows for some excellent creativity (just imagine the room of an evil alien teen girl with evil alien boyband-posters on the wall...).

Anyway, even though I won't be able to attend, I did want to support it and bump it up.

Stupot

I hadn't even seen this til now, sorry Jwalt.  I have a possible idea for this. I'll see what I can do.

gingersnap

I have something I'm working on for this, but I need a bit more time. Sunday (29th) should do it, if no one minds.

jwalt

Quote from: gingersnap on Fri 27/06/2014 15:09:51
I have something I'm working on for this, but I need a bit more time. Sunday (29th) should do it, if no one minds.

I see no reason not to extend it out to, say, July 1, 2014. I'll change it. Thanks for the interest, gingersnap. You too, Stupot+

gingersnap

Here we go. Hope I'm not the only entry ;)

jwalt

Gingersnap... Wow! Impressed the heck out of me. Worth the wait.

Anybody else need more time?

Cassiebsg

Wow gingersnap! That looks awesome! Have you read my mind about the bedroom I always wanted (and never had?). :D
Even if it's the only entry, it's well worth the victory.

No entries from me, I don't currently have time to do art, am using all my free time to get some coding done.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

jwalt

Gingersnap, I know a win by default may not feel like a righteous win, but that is still a wonderful background. I'd have loved to have seen the entry that would have knocked it out of the running. I'm declaring gingersnap the winner and wishing gingersnap better luck in topic choices than I'm having.

Stupot

gingersnap

Well, righteous win or not, still nice to hear nice things said. Thank you. I've got an idea for a topic, hopefully people have time to participate. Hopefully the idea isn't too 'out there'. Cya guys on the next one :p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk