Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Congrats on the greenlight!
Your art has definitely evolved over the years.

Also, you might want to update the estimated release date :)

CrashPL

Thanks a bunch! Also - updated the estimated release date in the very first post, as I totally forgot about this one place. :D

Anyway, onwards with the update - this time 0% static screens and even more moving pictures, woo!

Another 8-bit minigame, at which I failed miserably!

This exclusive, totally optional and mandatory to finish the game Fishing DLCâ,,¢ will be available only in the selected retailers, for a suggested price of 49,99 USD + VAT.

Just kidding, but you will have to fish for some neat stuff.

We also started working on a second-to-last location, so some exciting stuff are bound to happen! ;)

Fitz

That mini-game looks awesome! I can only imagine how terrible I'll be at it (laugh)

Danvzare

The mini-game reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the Atari 2600.
You just need to be running in the other direction, and have bicycles littering the floor.

Looks fun though. Can't wait. :-D

CaptainD

Hehe I like the look of that mini-game.  Grats on getting near)(ish?) the end of development!

CrashPL

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 15/06/2016 15:38:41
The mini-game reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the Atari 2600.

Haha, now that you mention it, Stampede does resemble it in some way. :D Gotta work on the bicycle sprites, then!

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :) Glad you like those little bonus games. To be honest I coded the first one (Pebble Defense) as a joke, with hastily done sprites in MS Paint, to just check how hard would it be to do such an arcade-like minigame in AGS. Twarda said I should keep this as a bonus, and there you have it, I did the second one, and (hopefully) planning to do three more.

Also - here are some sneak peeks from the new rooms and locations I mentioned before! More glorious indoors and glowing mushrooms, acting as lamps!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Thanks for the kind words, Cassiebsg and Eggie! :D Really appreciate you like our stuff!

And whew, it's been a while, right? Wouldn't call myself the most active member of the community, heh. :D No worries though, as the ZA development is going smoothly. ;) Our game just keeps on growing in size, and that's what mostly keeps us extra busy. We already have 72 unique rooms (not counting the minigames and cutscenes), or 110, if you also count day/night and light/dark variants - and that's still not the end! Here's a screenshot from one of the new locations:

And here's yet another rough line test from Twarda, and from a new location on top of that. Man, traditional animation does take quite some time to make!

Also as an added bonus - I guess someone must've liked our game well enough, as we were invited to two local gaming/gamedev events to present Zniw Adventure and talk a bit about the development process in general. To celebrate the occasion Twarda decided to make us ZA t-shirts, featuring an unique artwork on the front and the logo on the back! Here's how it looks like:

And I guess that's it for today's update. Until next time, friends!

NickyNyce

Very interested to see how this turns out. I've always been a dinosaur lover. Looking good!

I really like that Flintstones feel too.

CrashPL

Thanks NickyNyce! Glad to meet another fellow fan of good ol' dinos. ;) Glad you like our stuff as well!

The hard time is over, so I guess the more regular updates are back. First and foremost - the rough line test from the previous post is now cleaned up, coloured and finished! Here's how it looks like:

And some more clean line tests! This time featuring 100% more kicking dinosaur action. I guess you can say Twarda's quite busy will all those animations lately.

AnasAbdin

I always love to see your animations ;-D
The determined kicking dinosaur looks very cute (laugh)

CrashPL

Thanks a lot AnasAbdin and Blondbraid!

Twarda finished the last animation today - cleaned, coloured, timed - ready to go! Featuring 100% more kicking dinosaurs and 0% open doors, here's how it looks in the game:

It took a little while, as the character and the doors are animated independently. Back to adding more stuff and polishing the existing one for us!

ThreeOhFour

AnasAbdin

Oh this is getting cuter  :-D the lazy eyes give them character!

Quote from: CrashPL on Sun 04/09/2016 22:17:37
It took a little while, as the character and the doors are animated independently

Tell me about it! Synchronizing separate animations of two or more characters interacting with each other can be frustrating with AGS. You've done a great job here. If it ever gets too complicated sometimes I combine all the animations together into one character's view to make it easier to handle, specially if a character is about to carry another...  :P  8-)

Nixxon

My kids (and I) will love this. Have been watching this project for a while!

Danvzare

The more I see of this project, the more I want to play it.
It looks so cute, and well animated!

Just looking at that short animation, makes me think I'm watching a cartoon. :-D

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 05/09/2016 11:16:28
Just looking at that short animation, makes me think I'm watching a cartoon. :-D
Yes, that really is some top-notch animation, it looks really fun! ;-D

Squall_Leonheart

Very interesting project.
Anyone can see a lot of details in the animations and backgrounds.
The ultimate example it's very very fluid and enjoyable.
I'm impatient for this. Great job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk