Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

CrashPL

Thanks selmiak and Blondbraid! :D

The remaining 5% struggle continues... hey, at least we're not sick anymore! Rejoice!

So what's today to show? More animations, more bugfixes, more visual tweaks... the game is also two rooms bigger, as we expanded next-to-last location, to have a bit better flow going.

The map and dialogue screen also received some minor treatment, as the old version looked kinda bland and basic:

Can you spot ALL of the differences?

Also, here's a couple of moving pictures too:

(not everyone's friendly, especially in the late game)

(this one's already finished and in the game, the gif was taken before the process)

(everyone is equally worried about the rest 5% of the game)

Twarda also started doing hi-res dinosaur artworks for the encyclopedia and the manual:

(you wouldn't want to meet this chap, being alone in the forest)

(now featuring 100% less colour!)

So yeah, working hard every day!

AnasAbdin

Big difference and improvements in the new screens!
I love the smooth animations, and specially the heads turning (nod)

Cassiebsg

You guys amaze every single time! (nod)
Good job...

I get a 404 on this gif: "(this one's already finished and in the game, the gif was taken before the process)" 8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 13/06/2017 12:47:43
I get a 404 on this gif: "(this one's already finished and in the game, the gif was taken before the process)" 8-0

Whoops, should be working now. :D

Stupot

Such perfect animations. I need this game in my life.

Blondbraid

Everything looks absolutely gorgeous and the animations are top-notch!
These screenshots keep giving me flashbacks to The land before time,
and I mean that in a good way!

CaptainD

This is one of my all-time favourite AGS projects.  Squash that last 5%!!

CrashPL

Thanks for the kind words, AnasAbdin, Cassie, Stupot, Blondbraid and Captain! It really keeps our motivation high. :D

Here's some more work we managed to do. Hope I didn't goof any gif this time. :P

Hard landings included.

Can't have a prehistoric game without our favourite flying reptiles.

No prehistoric mammals were harmed during the capture of this gif.

Here's a little bonus: some sequences are so complicated, Twarda had to do a separate rough line test to get them right... good Lord, what we have gotten ourselves into? :D

AnasAbdin

That's an animation lesson 8-0
I love everything you do! As I told you on twitter this little dude falling broke my heart! It's just the way he surrendered :~(

Danvzare

Those animations are incredible. You and your team are really going all out with this game. It's definitely going to be an instant classic when it releases. :-D

CrashPL

Thanks AnasAbdin and Danvzare!

QuoteYou and your team are really going all out with this game.

Heheh, not much of a team, it's just me (programming, writing, some smaller graphics and anims) and Twarda (everything art-and-animation related). :D And Problem of course, who does some excellent tunes for the game!

Anyway, as we promised, we started doing the absolute horror that are FMV cutscenes (can't have a cartoon game without a few fullscreen videos!)
Since we're doing it in a classical manner, it's 10 times worse than the normal in-game animations. :D But hey, anybody who did some frame-by-frame animation knows the drill...
Can't really show you a longer and finished cutscene, as it's dangerously close to the spoiler territory, but hey, here's an other example:

If you're traversing through the bushes, you have to hit everything on your path, it's the law of the cartoons!

I just don't want to think about the amount of work required to animate the intro and outro... :D

Cassiebsg

(laugh) "Outch my head! Can I have a helmet, please? I'm going to sue you for actor abuse!"  (laugh)

Really nice, good luck with the videos... but when one is having fun, luck isn't really a factor. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Haha. That animation reminds me of the "Bad Robot" vanity card. You should totally use that in the opening of the game.

Blondbraid

Wow, what fun and awesome animation in the last GIF, reminds me of those classic cartoon shorts!

AnasAbdin

What catches my attention in your cut scenes is that you are not afraid of moving large objects even slightly (nod)

CrashPL

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 19/08/2017 13:52:21
What catches my attention in your cut scenes is that you are not afraid of moving large objects even slightly (nod)

Thanks! The last GIF is actually an avi/ogv video cutscene (ZA will feature several of these), although you're correct, the rest of the animations shown here (events, real time cutscenes, actions and background animations) are played using the wonders of views and AGScript. :D

And thanks Blondbraid, Stupot and Cassie! Glad you enjoyed it!

SilverSpook

Looking awesome!  Now it's time to FINISH IT! (So we can PLAY IT ;) )

CrashPL

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 21/08/2017 21:10:27
Looking awesome!  Now it's time to FINISH IT! (So we can PLAY IT ;) )

Yes, Sir! :D Man, I should've known the last 5% will be the longest 5% I've ever did... having a day job doesn't help. :( Oh, and thanks Cassie, Stupot, Blondbraid and AnasAdbin! Glad you liked our lil' cartoon shorts. ;) (there's more to come soon!)

Anyway, more final artworks and fixes. Including hi-res encyclopedia illustrations:

and some better screen/scene transitions. Several users already noted the old ones looked kinda basic, so we decided to spice'em up a bit:

And as an added bonus - ever wondered what did the dinosaurs do in their free time? Wonder no more, here's a historically accurate portrayal:

CaptainD

This looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk