Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Yeah, the quality of the graphics is INSANE 8-0 I don't think I know the book you're talking about, Kasander (not like I know many, either), but it reminds me of a French cartoon Ovide in some way. I smell a degree in Arts here.

And yeah, there seem to be quite a few of us Polanders here -- and a few more AGS-savvy folks out there, too :)

Gribbler

Art quality is fantastic!

Polskie gry sÃ,,… jednak najlepsze :D

AprilSkies

I like so much the sketches (the snake and the turtle ones) that I really hope they will be included as extra stuff when the game will be downloaded!
I love to have on my puter that kind of things.
Again great work!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Kasander

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 09/07/2014 21:19:41
I don't think I know the book you're talking about, Kasander (not like I know many, either), but it reminds me of a French cartoon Ovide in some way. I smell a degree in Arts here.
It took me a while, but I've managed to find them. The books were about a bunch of animal friends having adventures in Africa (it seems there was some animated film series, too). I guess the animals and exotic locations in Zniw Adventure rang the bell with me. It's strange how childhood memories get photoshopped as time passes. I remembered those books as much more vibrant and colorful than they really were (on the other hand, that Ovide show still looks great!). One can only applaud Twarda's skills, her backgrounds alone easily surpass the ones in books.

Hey, I didn't know about that Polish AGS forum, thanks for the link! :)

CrashPL

Thanks again, everyone. :D Since we were really quiet for a while, we decided it's about time to post a small update, since we're rolling with the work everyday!

Since you liked the concept sketches this much, lemme show you how Twarda does some magic, turning a rough sketch into the final image...

...as well as some of the design sketches of the environment and the gameflow!

And now some more animations - here's a test of the waterfall animation, near the Great River...

...and our friendly neighbourhood Spiderman Ankylosaur!

Here's also an image showing all location artworks of the act 1 of scene 2. No direct image, as I don't want to spoil anything, click on your own risk. :D Well, we hope you like it so far!

CrashPL

Hey guys, sorry I didn't update the game status for a long time, as I was quite busy with stuff. But now you can actually check Zniw Adventure in action! As they say "seeing is believing", we present you a playthrough of Zniw Adventure demo (which we hope to release for general public soon!). Some minor spoilers here (but these are the beginning locations with easy puzzles, so nothing to worry about), and butchered framerate/sudden frame drops (thanks YouTube, and goodbye 60FPS footage... ). It shows most of the game mechanics and playstyle, as well as the first two locations. Hope you enjoy it. ;)

>> Zniw Adventure demo playthrough <<

shaun9991

Wow. This is look really great indeed. The playthrough is very impressive, I like what you've done with the GUI's and stuff too. Great work!!!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

selmiak

Nah, I won't watch this and spoil an eventual playable demo for me  :P

Adeel

I completely agree with shaun9991. I didn't watch the whole demo so as to not get the game spoiled for me, though.

Tabata

Just watched some minutes (for the same reason) and it really is ...

Can't wait to start playing it myself - great job!

AprilSkies

Couldn't resist .... Watched.
It's not so good tho...
KIDDING!!
IT KICKS As..... um... better not to us that word.... IT'S AMAZING!

CrashPL

Well, since some people waited for it, here's the thing, the playable demo version of Zniw Adventure!

>>Zniw Adventure demo r318 (also included in the first post)

The demo throws the player right into action, as it begins in the isolated area of Scattered Woods, and finishes on the east bank of Rivenn-na, essentially being some sort of a tutorial level, helping the player familiarize with the controls, the GUIs and game mechanics (encyclopedia, extras, mini-map, hunger etc.).

If you encounter any problems with running the demo, please read the System requirements/before you begin and Troubleshooting sections in "Read me first!.txt", as your question might've already been answered! Also be sure to check the mouse/keyboard controls, to make your quest easier! A complete walkthrough is also in the archive (both the non-spoiler pebble locations, and the full walkthrough).

The game is very custom code heavy, and I'm aware I might have overlooked some things. If you encounter a bug or an oddity, please let me know via PM!
And... as always, hope you enjoy it! :D

Cassiebsg

Hey!

Really nice demo! I throughly enjoyed it. :)
Think I found a bug though, will PM details.

It would be nice if once you pickup an item from the backpack, it did not close automatically (as it makes it hard to try using stuff on other stuff). Unless there's no point trying to use items on items?
Also consider adding the right mouse click to close the encyclopedia and menu GUIs as well. Think it would add a bit to game play flow, specially since you need to go to the menu to open the encyclopedia and extras. Maybe you could add a keyboard button to open it?

Otherwise loved it! :D
Keep up the great work!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Thanks for noting me about the bug, it's fixed now! The new download link is up!

Also thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, in the demo version there is no item combining (minus the one in the Scattered Woods, but it's before getting a backpack), so we haven't thought about it, but you're correct, it would become quite painful later, for the backpack to auto close, when there's some item combining needed. I'll have to ask Twarda if lots of using-item-on-item-inside-inventory actions are planned for the upcoming locations, and we'll see what to do with the inventory. ;)
And I will also add the right-click close to other GUIs as well in the next demo revision. :) We're really glad you enjoyed it! :D

Tabata

Aww â€" this is so adorable!   
I love the characters, their animation and all those different facial expressions.
This will become such a wonderful game â€" great work!   

CrashPL

Thank you very much! :D We're really glad you liked it so far! Also thanks a lot for all the feedback and suggestions I received via PMs. Everything was extra helpful, and some of the suggestions are already implemented!

Also I updated the download link for the demo, as that stupid sendspace and their adware was driving me nuts, the version 6 demo is now available from my dropbox. ;)

CrashPL

Hello everyone, since I was a little bit too quiet for the last month, I decided to bring a small update here. ;) The latter half of the II-nd act is nearly finished, and we've began working on the III-rd act, which will bring the player to the maze-like system of caves, which will require a light source (thank God for the animated backgrounds in AGS!) in order to navigate. As always, hope you enjoy. :D

Also a reminder - demo version of the game is available for download. :)

Enjoying the scenery at the Rivenn-na waterfall:

"Gee, it's kinda dark...":

AprilSkies

Now I figured out that I like a lot the gfx style 'casue it is so Franco-belgian school comics!

aikex222

wow you really are doing a great job here, :grin: and we got a demo, yay gonna test it later.
hope everything good happen to this project and continue the great work. :wink:

CrashPL

Hey, thanks a bunch aikex222! Hope you enjoyed it. :D

Quote from: AprilSkiesNow I figured out that I like a lot the gfx style 'casue it is so Franco-belgian school comics!
Well, we grew up with comics like TinTin or Asterix & Obelix (or polish ones, like Kajko i Kokosz), so that would explain a whole lot. :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk