Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 16/11/2018 21:28:40
I love the double click in adventure games! I'd put it in mine, but that's beyond me! Ah well, there's only one large area anyway, so it'd be largely redundant for me I suppose.

While it is a nice feature indeed, it completely broke the game in several places. :D Due to my limited development time, it took around 2 weeks to find and fix everything... And boy, I sure do hope I managed to find everything in a core thing like that! Thanks selmiak and ArsCreativa too!

Anyway, I'm feeling both excited and extremely anxious, as we're getting oh so close to the complete package - animations, encyclopedia and such. Well, here's more animations and dinosaur reveals for today!

CrashPL

Phew, just in time to wish all of you the very best for the rest of 2018, and the entire 2019 - happy Holidays everyone! :D

FireFlower

Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

CrashPL

Some more boring stuff today, as we're slowly finalising everything (I never thought there would be so much stuff to check, damn) - animations, popups, loading screens and such. Just a bit more sprites and we'll actually surpass 15k of them!

Opening screen of tutorial location

Opening screen of, er, somewhere somewhere spoilers

One of the popups. No bouquet for you, Zniw.

selmiak

I don't like tutorials but with an opening screen like this I can't resist!
Good luck with putting the last bit of polish on this great game. I'll miss your beautiful updates to this thread!

CrashPL

Thank you selmiak!! Yeah, we're slowly, but steadily getting there...

CrashPL

A little example of how we're handling animations in ZA - it's the entire process, from a rough sketch, through the line test, all the way to the finished frames!

Ghost

This is nothing short of adorable! Godspeed, Crash!

Hobo

This is probably going to the most animated AGS game (or even adventure game?) ever. The amount of sprites in this game is astonishing, especially when considering the quality of the work.

CrashPL

Haha, we're definitely won't be topping master class like Curse of Monkey Island or Gibbous in terms of animation, but we're trying out best. :D Thanks so much for the kind words Ghost and Hobo!

Man, we've reached the excitement zone, as we can slowly see the finish line on the horizon... But anyway, enjoy some more of the animations for the meantime:

Also - here's our Pokede- I mean, dinosaur encyclopedia! You'll have the chance to learn some actual dino facts about these guys as you play!

Laura Hunt

Quote from: CrashPL on Fri 03/05/2019 11:01:29
Haha, we're definitely won't be topping master class like Curse of Monkey Island or Gibbous in terms of animation, but we're trying out best. :D Thanks so much for the kind words Ghost and Hobo!

Man, we've reached the excitement zone, as we can slowly see the finish line on the horizon... But anyway, enjoy some more of the animations for the meantime:

This looks amazing! I don't know if stuff like this gives me the motivation to get better or if it makes me want to give up completely on game making. Both, probably (laugh)

Can't wait for the release!

CrashPL

Quote from: notarobotyet on Fri 03/05/2019 13:13:19
I don't know if stuff like this gives me the motivation to get better or if it makes me want to give up completely on game making. Both, probably (laugh)

Oh no, motivation, definitely! We don't want anyone to give up on their gamedev adventures - instead we want everyone to succeed! :-D

Anyway, some more updates incoming!

Oh, and we've also surpassed 16k sprites... Never thought the final frames are going to take this much space!

CrashPL

I decided to cut the resolution of these in half, as this page would take ages to load on a slower connection. :X

If everything goes according to keikaku the plan, then we'll some some news for you. (usually it didn't, but we're cautiously optimistic this time).

selmiak

CrashPL

Thanks so much guys! :D

Also take cover everyone, more cartoon shenanigans incoming:

Blondbraid

These look great, your animations looks just as good as some of the old cartoon classics!

Cassiebsg

I just love it every time you post an update, so eye candy!  (nod) :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

FireFlower

Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk