"label" Suggestion for the forum

Started by Joe, Tue 24/06/2014 13:42:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

After searching a while, this section looks like the one where i should post this. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

My suggestion is: add an option in each thread so that the creator of the thread is able to mark it as SOLVED and also select which POST solved his issue. The solved label should be atomatically added at the begining of the title and maybe in green color.
This will make the support forum to look pretty much elegant. By now you can find very different labels like [SOLVED] solved (solved) (Solved) solved: {solved} etc... and it makes the forum look a bit ugly. If all labels were like this: [SOLVED] I think it would be pretty nice and it would help other visitors to find faster the solution.

Regards,

Joe.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Gilbert

Personally I agree to this to some extent. Actually IMO the post icon feature does exactly this(minus the marking a specific post as solution part though), but unfortunately it's heavily underused and the current selection of Bluecup icons are just to unclear on what they're supposed to mean.

AGA

This actually exists on the Recruitment forum.  Can't remember whether the thread starter, or just the moderator can change it though...

LimpingFish

Quote from: AGA on Tue 24/06/2014 19:19:07
This actually exists on the Recruitment forum.

It's just a manual thread title edit, though, to make it easier to keep track of which threads are currently open. Closed threads can then be marked "[HELP FOUND]", either by the user or by myself, at which point they're locked.

Most users keep to this*, but I occasionally tidy up thread titles.

*Some ignore it entirely, because they are lazy and don't read the rules! >:(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AGA

There's actually a little box next to the title that automatically prepends the title with the status.  Not strictly necessary to type it yourselves!

LimpingFish

Quote from: AGA on Wed 25/06/2014 08:00:45
There's actually a little box next to the title that automatically prepends the title with the status.  Not strictly necessary to type it yourselves!

I honestly either forgot that's how it works or never noticed in the first place! 8-0 It's been so long since I started a thread in Recruitment, that both possibilities are equally likely.

Now it makes people who don't prefix their thread titles seem even lazier!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk