Comedy Quest

Started by askalarium, Thu 26/06/2014 07:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

askalarium

Comedy Quest is a point and click adventure game set in the exciting world of stand-up comedy by Trav Nash. Can you become the greatest comedian of all time in just 3 gigs? or will you become just another hack?

Featuring.
Art and music style call backs to the golden days of adventure games.
Full Speech for the game by actual Comedian type people.
Dad Jokes.
Varied game play.
Urinal cakes.
Original sound track by Tim Whitt.
Easter Egg.
More dad jokes.
Realistic flyering simulation.

Download (bug fix update)

Comedy Quest Blog

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Nice!  I remember liking the look of this one.  Congrats on the release.

monkey424

(laugh) Urinal cakes!

Downloading.. I could use some comic relief in my life right now!

miguel

Same here, I've been doing a lot of thinking and that's clearly not good for me!
Anyway, downloading and wishing to have a good time playing it!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

arj0n

My blue cup of tea, downloading...

miguel

askalarium

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out to play my game. Appreciate it.

Stupot

Looks fun. Will definitely give this one a bash. :-)

miguel

Wow, what a great game! Now I know how the colour cyan really smell like!
Great jokes and retro feel, just like playing LSL again and with those midi sounds getting the full attention from my nervous system! It's like a Pavlov thing!

Spoiler
I did accept the radio job because my 3rd gig didn't go that well, are there any different endings?
[close]

Loved playing it, it's a great quest and I am following this team around now very closely.

askalarium

Hey thanks for playing and glad you liked it. There are slightly different ending depending on taking radio gig or continuing being a struggling performer. The radio ending is perhaps the darkest time line.

Cassiebsg

Hey askalarium.

Playing your game and so far so good... :)
I did found however a little bug.

Spoiler

In his flat, when we awakens for a long night out with the guys, the landlord comes to the door demanding rent by tomorrow! All fine there, only problem is, I went and looked inside the freezer and then returned to the room, the landlord scene repeated. :/ Seems like you forgot to do a "run once" or set a bool check on the scene...
[close]

EDIT:

And now I found a serious bug! :(

Spoiler

I clicked to interact with what appeared to be a save game point thingy, by the convenience store.
It opened what looks like the Save Game GUI window, and now I can't get out of it! Mouse Clicks do nothing, and ESC key doesn't close the GUI either! :( How do I get out of this window so I can continue playing? Or do I need to restart the game!? :(
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

askalarium

Thanks for the feed back. Not sure why the saved game bit locks up like that it could be the sliding door sound stuck in a loop. I'll take it out of the game it's a stupid joke anyway. I will also fix that landlord reappearance.

Cassiebsg

If it helps for debuging, I~m playing without sounds (disabled via winsetup).

askalarium

I just did a quick run through and I think I've fixed all the problems. Uploading again now. Sorry about this.

Cassiebsg

Hey.

Been playing again (needed to restart, since I hadn't made a save before - have now).
But I've just stumble into another bug... :o

Spoiler

I was in the scene with the landlord again, after that I saved my game (see I learned my lesson ;) ), then looked at the cat on top of the fridge, and after he said his lines the game crashed!

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 1091
Error: AnimateChracter: invalid loop number specified.
[close]

askalarium

again sorry about this. I'll try and fix it now.

Cassiebsg

Well just finished it. :)
Cool little game!
BTW, as long as you fiddling in it, you might consider changing the end screens to a mouse click instead of a timer. I had no time to read the text. :( Only read 1 to 2 lines in each of the 3-4 screens.

askalarium

Thanks for sticking with it. I'll fix that too.

myname

I'm all about the game so far.  Definitely has a crummy comedy club vibe off the bat.  Research and Development must have been a blast ha. Bravo!:grin:   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk