Seventeen Uncles: A Pug's Life. 24th Feb ** Kickstarter & Greenlight now live **

Started by Seventeen Uncles, Mon 07/07/2014 23:30:19

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Thu 02/10/2014 22:33:21
is that a pugcup? :D

of course it is, Khris made it:
Quote from: Khris on Thu 17/07/2014 13:15:29
I love the artwork, the pug is awesome :-D

Looking forward to playing this!

Giraffadon

Congratulations.
This looks so unique.
The style,characters,locations...perfick!

It reminds me of Rocko's modern life and all those other quirky 90's nick toons.

Oh and a crab playing pool with a sloth, yes...just yes. (nod)

:-D

Seventeen Uncles

I have a competition on tumblr at the moment to chose an animal of your choice to star in A Pug's Life.
http://www.seventeenuncles.com/post/99834349293/100-follower-pugs-life-competition

Opening this up for entries in this thread (If you have a tumblr feel free to enter there.)

So follow that link, read the details, and post your entries here in this thread!

Tabata

Your cool game is in need of a mouse character â€" definitely!  :grin:

Dadalus

Hands off mouse characters :) (only joking)

I say a duckbill platypus.
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

selmiak

is there already a spider in the game? If not, I'm all for spider!

Atavismus

Spider makes sense indeed.
Otherwise, I vote for the dodo (Raphus cucullatus) coz it's already a caricature. :D
Btw, I want to add that your game and style look hilarous.
Congratz!

Giraffadon

faerieevenstar

I'm a mad cat lady, so there must be a cat. but not just any cat, an evil genius that can play the piano despite the lack of opposable thumbs (or perhaps he engineered a way to have those thumbs?!?) He composes piano concertos to soothe his evil mind when he's not otherwise obsessed with annihilating dogs. He's also overweight and practically spherical.

I got a bit carried away there.... This is essentially the personality I attributed to my cat Tiggy, who always had *that* look about him, and he passed away nearly a year ago now on the 30th October. I know Tiggy is not a sinister enough name, so feel free to change it if it gets used!  We were always convinced he was plotting things when we weren't there, and I don't remember how it came about, but we used to joke that he was writing piano concertos...

This is him plotting whilst looking out across his territory..

Spoiler
[close]

and this is my favourite picture, because I made him wear a Christmas hat :-D

Spoiler
[close]

And finally, because there wasn't a good view of his face:

Spoiler
[close]

Darth Mandarb

faerieevenstar

Should the competition be moved to Rumpus Room or somewhere similarly off topic? Or can we just bring this post back to being about production?

Darth Mandarb

Nah it's okay to post the contest entries in here. 

Just the posting of the cat pictures (they're in "hide" tags so I didn't alter them to links like I normally would) is a good way to start off topic posts talking about your [adorable] kitty.

That's all; carry on!

faerieevenstar

Ahh, he just said to post references, so I did, but I hid them like a good girl. I'll be quiet now ;)

Giraffadon

selmiak

lol, I had to look this beast up. This is a very educational game! :-D

Cassiebsg

I don't get it... who/what won?
All I can see is a list of the suggestions. ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Tabata

KodiakBehr

A good choice indeed.  Goes well with the other animals.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk