Nelly Cootalot: Greenlight Ahoy!

Started by Ali, Fri 18/07/2014 13:38:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Ahoy!

If any of you still remember Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy!, you might be interested to know that I've just launched a Greenlight campaign for Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet.

I would very much appreciate your votes, tweets and shares:

Vote for Nelly on Steam Greenlight!

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_hZIgVLmU[/embed]

Earlier this year I teamed up with a German company called Application Systems, who are co-developing and publishing the game. Working with them has made it possible to offer the game for Mac, Windows & Linux, in English, German & French. It's also made it possible for me to bring the game up from good old 800x600 to 1920x1080.

A sad consequence of the collaboration is that the game's development is being continued in Unity rather than AGS. Nevertheless, if you can find it in your heart to support the game, you will have my eternal gratitude.

- Ali

mkennedy

Though it is somewhat sad that the game won't me made with AGS, I wish you good luck with the project.

kconan

Voted, and good luck with the Steam rollout!

Ali

Thanks for the support!

It wasn't a nice decision to leave AGS, but we needed an engine with robust multi-platform and high resolution support. Even though AGS is on the brink of having those features implemented, since the programmers I'm working with have Unity experience, Unity seemed like the better choice.

Igor Hardy

Voted! Wishing you to get greenlooted asap! :)

Sad you had to leave AGS for Unity though - reminds me of the Journey Down going the same way once.

Babar

I lied, and voted for it. I WOULDN'T BUY IT, BECAUSE I BACKED IT ALREADY.
Mwahahahahahhahahahhah!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Retro Wolf

I get an itch when I sense a fellow Englishman in need! If only I could remember my Steam password!

Looking good Ali! It's amazing to see how far the artwork has come since the original game!

Ali

Thanks for the support! I also lied and voted for it. I'm going to get it for free! Take that, Steam!

Retro Wolf, I will do everything I can to help you remember your password. Was it any of the following:

• Passw0rd?
  • Pa55word?
  • retr0w0lf?

Ghost

Nikolas

for fucks...

QuoteYour account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. To access all features of Steam, simply purchase a game from the Steam store, redeem a Gift on Steam, complete a microtransaction, or activate a retail game on Steam.

Bleh... :(

This is what you get for not being a Steam gamer...

mitlark

Well, I must say, right now all I have in Steam is from bundles. Humble Bundle, to be specific. And that gives me the power to be accepted within Steam "exclusive" greenlighting. I feel so privileged... And be able to vote, something I just did.

But whatever. Cheers to you, Ali. And to everyone else working on a fine adventure, or any other kind of game! Or not doing any at all right now whatever the reason is (?). Dear lord why I deviate so much? Keep straigh head!
SPIN SPIN! SPIN SPIN!

Ali

Thanks for your support. And thanks to Nikolas for trying to vote!

We've just uploaded a behind the scenes video of some of the voice actors (with credits including Broken Sword, Star Wars: Episode 1, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy & Doctor Who). Please check it out:
[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druPxr0gE4U&feature=youtu.be[/embed]

m0ds

Ooh sweet, and is that Rachel voicing Nelly?

Also I'm curious, have Application Systems never published a game to Steam before (as you have to Greenlight the game)?

Ali

Application Systems have a couple of games on Steam: GhostControl Inc. and Splee & Glob which was Greenlit in the last round of approvals.
(And yes, mainly thanks to your insistence, Rachel is voicing Nelly!)

m0ds

That's great dude! :) Well, for insistent people like me it is anyway 8-) But she is hands down the best person to play Nelly IMO. It's not like the character is based on her or anything.. :=

Ali

Ali

We've just posted another update, showing off the music by our very own Nikolas Sideris (and partly inspired by our very own m0ds's original Nelly theme tune).

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtX5wSlBPvw[/embed]

Read the announcement here.

Incidentally, if you haven't voted yet, now would literally be an acceptable time for you to do that.

Nikolas

Incidentally... If you didn't notice: WE DID IT!

YAY!!!! :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk