55 word story, vote for your favorites!

Started by Andail, Fri 11/07/2014 14:32:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3 of these stories do you like the best?

Story # 1
3 (20%)
Story # 2
3 (20%)
Story # 3
1 (6.7%)
Story # 4
0 (0%)
Story # 5
4 (26.7%)
Story # 6
5 (33.3%)
Story # 7
0 (0%)
Story # 8
4 (26.7%)
Story # 9
2 (13.3%)
Story # 10
2 (13.3%)
Story # 11
2 (13.3%)
Story # 12
9 (60%)
Story # 13
4 (26.7%)
Story # 14
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Wed 16/07/2014 14:32:42

Andail

55-word story, voting time
Here are this week's entries. Read them through and then vote for the best 3. Happy reading! Btw; sorry for not responding to or confirming any PMs; I just haven't had the time. Let me know ASAP if I've messed up something in your story.

[/font]

Excerpts from a search history:
domestic robot review comparision
personal robot review comparison
intimate robot review comparison
sexbot review comparison
Nina 6900x customer review
Nina 6900x best price second hand
skindroid new account
6900 manual tutorial
6900x personalize preference
6900x record cloud storage
skindroid privacy breach
video skinnyleaks [profile.jpg]
plastic surgery review comparison

Ivan held fast to the handle outside the airlock, his knuckles white under layers of protective gloves. "Janice, push the button!" He saw her clearly through the ten-inch protective glass: the tears on her cheeks, her eyes turned away from him.

She wouldn't actually watch him die.

"Push the goddamned button!"

The sun exploded.

Till the end, Marlin was stalling their rush: "There's another way! Building ships to escape the sun!"
Annoyed, Atom and Eva moved ahead. Marlin turned to Medoza: "Yaga, your biotech skills could help humanity survive underground!"
Ignored. Still, he got in with them, and the seven set the dial back 250,000 years, to begin again.

There it was again â€" that gentle humming noise.  It was pitch black but I could feel something there, somewhere in the darkness…

I heard it once more.  This time I could hear something â€" respiration maybe? â€" very close.  A soft voice said “We have come.  Transportation complete.”

They had come… bur were they friend or foe?

I'd breathed them in. I could feel them dismantling me at the cellular level, travelling through my blood like a shoal of piranha. I forced the needle into my neck, releasing the anti-nanos. And then, excruciating pain as the war began. A molecular blitzkrieg upon my organs, the pain began to encompass my whole world.

Two robots are cuddling together.
The robot girl asks the robot boy: "What are you thinking about?"
He answers "I was just wondering if you are with me because you love me, or just because of my car."
The robot girl answers "Who told you about me and your car? It is all a lie!"

Through fibres and tubes, secured through nine proxies, Richard was close to logging into the highsecurity system.
The virusinfected mail he sent to the securitysupervisor was bitwise sending the logged password to not cause suspiciuos traffic...

End of Transmission!

Beads of perspiration gathered on his forehead when...  mom pulled the plug to make a call.

Jacob looked at his mechanical arm, and slowly squeezed his hand. He could feel the intensity surging through his body, as the electronics and his neurons fused. A soft, almost melodic, szwvrt escaped when the tips of his artificial fingers gently touched the metal of his palm. Jacob smiled and thought to himself: Babe Magnet!

Evacuation
She cried out in disbelief when the door opened and she saw the same old grey fog; the same sickly green clouds.
”I should be on Hyperion now!” she screamed at the operator who reached out to grab her arms. ”You are, in a way,” he said calmly. ”We just don't erase the originals.”

Telling a joke is like guiding tourists through an empty forest. You harness the power of imagery to give the forest life. But you let the tourists bring most of the colour through assumptions. Then you call in a napalm strike to crush what they made. The laughter yields. Too bad I'm a space rat.

The prison canteen: the oozing pink glop was as tasty as ever.
She rubbed where her silver necklace had always hung.  Now it was with him, for luck. 
Bonesy whispered: “They made it out!  Guard says they couldn't track them.  We should try again tonight!”
She smiled.  Then she saw something shiny in the glop.

Devin #68 opened the door of his Datsun, stepped out and lit a cigarette. It was a fine day for a funeral. Lung cancer again, as always. No one could change that. He stubbed out the cigarette beneath his shoe, took a breath and stepped into the crematorium to say his farewells to Devin #67.

Space Alien Madness

"I remember this game," I said, brushing of the arcade sign. A hulking ruin sat behind it. "Loved it as a kid, but then I didn't think it would be prophetic. Why send us here?"

Sam stood frozen with a desiccated tentacle clutched in his hand.

"Sam?"

"They've been here all along."

The Circuit Pond has always been a must see for every visitor from outside the Outer Belt. An artificial pond of liquid cooling condensation on a planet that has no natural water is a golden goose for tourism. More than once, loving couples have dunk into it, swearing eternal love, blessed by a little shock.

Misj'

Whoohoo! - I'm in the top five this time (story #8).
Congrats number 12, I think we can agree that you won :)

(my votes: #2, #5, #12)

ps. with such a clear winner...does #12 get to choose the next theme (maybe together with Andail as a host)?

Baron

Congrats, #12, you smooth wordsmith you! ;-D

Is there some reason why #5 & #13 don't share in the glory of third place?  What's the tie breaking criteria?

Giraffadon

I would have voted for 12, but i have just this week seen the exact same story in an episode of the Simpsons...
'Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!'

(laugh)

Seriously though, the idea of a clone visiting the funeral of his predecessor is a very enthralling idea for a narrative, which could
take many different turns.

Eric

Quote from: Misj' on Wed 16/07/2014 21:26:25

(my votes: #2)

Thank you for the vote!

My own additional votes were for 1 and 12!

3 almost got my vote. How funny that we both wrote about exploding suns!

LostTrainDude

Congrats everybody!
I voted #10, #12 and #13 :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

CaptainD

Not only did I not get any votes, but I just realised there is a major typo in my entry.  Nice. :-[

Stupot

Holy crap. Mine was 12!
Thanks for the votes guys. I promise I didn't copy the Simpsons.

I voted for 1, 5 and 11. I thought 1 was great.

Snarky

Quote from: Eric on Wed 16/07/2014 23:45:11
My own additional votes were for 1 and 12!

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 17/07/2014 10:35:50

Thanks, guys! 1 was mine. More than the story, I was pleased about coming up with the "Skindroid" brand name, I bet I could totally register that and make a bundle when sexbots become big business.

I didn't vote for myself; 6 and 11 were my favorites.

Congratulations to Stupot!

Stupot

@Snarky It was the 'best price second hand' that got me. (laugh) And just the idea in general.

Giraffadon

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 17/07/2014 10:35:50
Holy crap. Mine was 12!
Thanks for the votes guys. I promise I didn't copy the Simpsons.

I didn't mean it to sound peevish it just made me laugh when i thought about that south park episode
where every idea butters comes up with the simpsons have already done.

I think you are the deserving winner, i curtsey to your majesty, o lorx a lordy. (laugh)(nod)

BLACKBEARD

Woohoo!

All the entries were mega awesome. My one was #10, I guess the "laughter yields" sentence kinda killed the buildup (whatever that was for (laugh))

I voted for #1, #10 and #12 (um yh ... I voted for my own one(wrong))

But #12 defo deserves top spot. I voted it cos of the Datsun. Datsun's are cool. Fuel economy ain't great but they still hella badass. I had one once. Cream leather interior. 20" inch rims with steel spinners. A jet black body topped with a roaring flames paintjob. And a cutting edge spoiler. That was a good dream.

AprilSkies

Wooo Congratz Stupot!
Your one is my favourite too! I voted it of course! Yeah #12 deserved the win!

I also liked a lot #8

My one is #6, the most bad joke I ever heard! .. so bad that someone voted it!
(It was Babar! He challenged me to create a joke about robot-sex (laugh))

www.apemarina.altervista.org

selmiak

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 17/07/2014 08:48:24
Not only did I not get any votes, but I just realised there is a major typo in my entry.  Nice. :-[

huh, I didn't get a single vote too... go figure   ???

congrats stu, I votet 12 too. 9/15 voter's votes is pretty cool, as is the 55 word story, though only 15 voting AGSers with 14 storys submitted is... asking for another 55 word story sometime again!

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 17/07/2014 22:21:11
huh, I didn't get a single vote too... go figure   ???

Clearly this contest is rigged :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I voted for 8 and 12.  Great stuff people!   8-)

Babar

I voted 6 (might've been a bit unfair, since I had foreknowledge of it, but it deserved it!), 8 and 9.
My entry (3) just got 1 vote, and I'd be curious to know who that was :D.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Baron

I guess I should reveal: I voted #6, #8 & #12, although I nearly voted for (and regret not doing it now :~( ) for #7.  My confusion about the rankings (above) stems from the fact that I actually voted for the 1st, 2nd & one of the 3rd place entries (and thus they were all bolded for me).  I guess I have good taste.... ;)

....Except when it comes to writing, that is.  :P  My piece about yummy glop obviously wasn't tasty enough (#11)....  I'll be sure to concoct harder next time. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk