Ponderabilia II

Started by moloko, Thu 18/02/2016 10:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

moloko

Hi guys! I've been out of it for quite a while after releasing Ponderabilia (something with building a house, having 3 kids, starting a business and whatnot), and I'm seriously considering about starting work on Ponderabilia II. I've recently played Fran Bow (which has an eerily similar setting), and it rekindled my old interest, almost to the point where I'm willing to invest an insane amount of unpaid work into a project of love.

Now, as some of you may know, the original Ponderabilia had some room for improvement. The puzzles were hard, and made not too much sense to some people, there was some pixel hunting and the scenario made complete sense only to its creator. In Ponderabilia II, I'd like to correct these issues, so it made sense to ask for some help from the lot of you. I can't stress enough how amazing the things you did for Ponderabilia were. The music you made was wonderful, and the play testing and guide writing was a joy to be a part of. For Ponderabilia II, I wonder if any of you would be willing to lend a hand, and if so, what would be something you could help out on.

What I'm looking for specifically:
*Someone who can flesh out a sketch in photoshop to a full blown image within a color palette
*Someone who's an amazing animator (Nikee in Ponderabilia I had all the mobility of a corkscrew), willing to start from an original image
*Someone who has great ideas for puzzles and gameplay
*Someone with feeling for character development(Once again, Nikee was about as emotionally mature as a five year old)
*A coder with a more or less reasonable physical hygiene. I'd like to create Ponderabilia II in such a way it will hold up on different platforms.
*Someone dating AGS staff. Seriously, who do you have to schmooze up to get an award around here?

Let me know what you guys think, and we'll see where this leads.

All the best,

cat

Did you even bother to read the rules of this board? I mean the ones linked with ATTENTION!! in upper case letters when you create a new thread here?

I see a Sith Lord approaching :P

moloko

You're right. This topic can be deleted. I was in too much of a hurry to actually read this through. Can't find the delete button, tho.

EDIT: That Sith Lord couldn't approach any faster, could he?

NickyNyce

Ponderabilia 2....that would be great!

I really loved part 1, so much so, that I would try to help out in the puzzle department if possible. I'm not sure if I fit the "great" department when it comes to puzzles, but I wouldn't mind helping out if possible.

Anyways, best of luck getting this started, even if a Sith lord moves this thread.

moloko

Thanks, Nicky. People like you are the reason I'm considering this in the first place. I moved the topic on the forums to Adventure related chat, so I'll be going into detail there. This post can be removed by whoever knows how to do it. :)

Darth Mandarb

Good enthusiasm. Make sure to come back when you're further along with development.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk