Danger Mouse [DEMO NOW AVAILABLE]

Started by Dadalus, Wed 06/08/2014 11:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

This is the greatest. It's fantastic. Whenever there is trouble, it'll be there!

Privateer Puddin'

My original forum nickname Custard, short for Custard Mite of Glut, approves of this.

Mandle

Quote from: Dadalus on Fri 08/08/2014 11:43:03
I'm aiming for a sort of 'Dead men don't wear plaid' sort of thing,

CLEANING WOMAN!!! CLEANING WOMAN!!!

Dadalus

I have updated my original post with a weekly update on progress, which includes a new screenshot and examples of the main characters walkcycles.

Also DM is coming back : see here
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

Peder 🚀

This looks really nice :). I should probably watch Danger Mouse now...

Dadalus

I have updated my original post with a weekly update on progress.

Dadalus

Weekly update in main post.

A new screenshot :

new characters :

EDIT: Proposed Main Menu

CaptainD

Looking great, but I have to ask - is the disparity in styles between characters and backgrounds deliberate?

Dadalus

I assume your talking about the characters having black outlines and the backgrounds not having outlines?

Its a personal choice of mine, to make characters stand out from backgrounds, some may like it (Me :)) some may not (everyone else :)).

CaptainD

I didn't say I didn't like it! :P  Just curious.  Can't wait to see it all in action.

Dadalus

Don't worry, I didn't take offense. A lot of the backgrounds are my recreations of shots from the original cartoon, and follow that style. Any original backgrounds that I create, I try to keep that style going.

I cant take credit for a lot of the artwork I am just recreating work done by the original artists.

Dadalus

I have updated my original post with a weekly update on progress.

DBoyWheeler

Man... some great cartoons.  And it's cool that Count Duckula gets in on the game too!

Think there may be a chance that Bananaman might make a guest appearance too?

Dadalus

Im sticking to 'Cosgrove Hall Films' cartoon characters. Duckula was a spinoff from Danger Mouse so I think it fits.

I remember Bananaman and maybe I will do a short game about him after I have completed this game, but I would like to move on to my own original ideas at some point :)

Dadalus

Updated main post with weekly update. I hope to have a playable demo of the first section of the game completed by the end of October, though this may just be wishful thinking at the moment.

In the meantime another of the backgrounds I have just completed (Duckula fans should recognize it straight away).

Fitz

Dude, you are ON FIRE! At that speed you're gonna have the game out by the first week of November -- and then a sequel by the 15th :grin:

Dadalus

Being out of work helps, I can do an hours work here and there during the day. I have an interview next week so progress may slow down in the coming months.

Support from the community has kept my motivation high, I just hope the game can live up to expectations.

Dadalus

Updated main post with progress so far. Took last week off as I had a few personal things to take care of and I needed a break, dreaming about Danger Mouse is not something a grown man should be doing :)

Anyway a background to satiate those hungry for progress, its Baron Greenbacks castle.

Stupot

Mandle

Quote from: Dadalus on Wed 24/09/2014 16:11:35
dreaming about Danger Mouse is not something a grown man should be doing :)

I feel you man...I truly do!!!

I have been dreaming about bloody Speed Buggy for the last few weeks...(MAGs and all that)

The backdrop for the castle is AMAZING by the way...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk