The Lone Planet

Started by CNC_Acolythe, Sun 10/08/2014 19:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

CNC_Acolythe

Hello!

It has been quite some time since I posted any news.  I had to finish some things before I was able to get back to my work on LP. But here I am and I have some new thing for you to test â€" if you have not forget about this game. :) Anyway, first a ling to latest version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/iteo15bqt6v3vxd/LonePlanet_Alpha__2015_03_29.zip

And now for newly added “action part” - this is something I have decided to add to overcome some more action parts of game. Let me know what you think about it. I will now try to explain how it works, its really simple. Action part begins when you see screen like on the picture. There is main interface (01) that consists of 4 main “directional” buttons and 4 secondary buttons (the smaller ones ;) ), then you have TIMER (02) â€" Action part has limited number of turns (or actions, if you will) you can do before something bad happens. In our case, you are chased by big red monster (03)  and picture in the middle should show you your situation in undestandable way. You will then decide what direction you want to use â€" and click on it. Take your time in making decision, timer is counting only used actions, not time. Directions should correspond with things displayed on the picture, so you should not be confused. For example, on our picture monster stands on the left side. So clicking on the left button means face monster, while right side means run away. If you then click on one of the buttons, you will get first closer descrition â€" for left it would be something like “You have decided to fight the monster” and the corresponding button will change colour (04) depending on the possibility of that action to succeed. If the button would then turn green, It means you have good chance to kill the monster, but if it turns red, it means that you will probably fail. PROBABLY! Be aware that greens does not necessarily mean success and red failiure. It displays only most probable possibility. So you can still take the risk, and see what happens.

You will get the rest quite easilly. Have a nice time trying it, and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

"Holy central unit!"

NickyNyce

I'm looking forward to this. This is right up my alley. I haven't played because I want to enjoy the whole thing at once. The screens look great, and it looks like a lot of fun.

*Rubbing hands together*

Michael2968

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed playing the alpha version of your game and I am looking forward to playing the full game.

Michael

Creamy

Hello,

I've played the game and I have enjoyed it so far.
The part with the robot was funny and the story is intriguing.
I've just died so I take a break for now.
Spoiler
After opening the elevator doors, I've pushed 2 buttons and *poof* I'm dead. This octagonal GUI was rather confusing.
[close]
I'll probably try it again later.
Keep up the good work!

CNC_Acolythe

Hi!

Thank you all, I'm glad you enjoyed playing. I'll try to come with more updates soon. Hopefully the game will be finished in few months. :)

Creamy:

Spoiler
Yes, I know it can be quite confusing, I'm still working on this and I'm trying to find way to do more clearly, or less dangerously. If you have some ideas or suggestions, feel free to tell me.
[close]

"Holy central unit!"

CNC_Acolythe

Hello everyone!

Sadly, I have managed to damage my latest game data (Don't ask why, It's embarasing story.. ), just before I was planning to upload new update to action sequence for you. To make the bad news even more tragic, my last backup is dating month back. :embarrassed: But there are also good news - sprites are allright, so I "only" lost my coding and maybe few texts. But with my latest playable upload and memory of what I did since then, I will be able to bring it all back in about two weeks. I'm really sory for the delay, especially since I worked on it whole easter holidays... :sad:

See you soon with restored version!
"Holy central unit!"

NickyNyce

Glad to hear it's a minor delay. I also did this not too long ago, but thankfully not all was lost. Looking forward to this. I'm sure you'll be saving on a more regular basis, so these issues hopefully taught you a valuable lesson at minimal cost.

CNC_Acolythe

Helo!

Here it is, I managed to rebuild most of the lost things! I will upload working version because I need your opinion on the "action sequence". For those of you who would like to help me by sharing their opinion:

SPOILER ALERT!!

Spoiler
I would like you to get quickly to elevator shaft and test "action sequence" that follows after you cut hole through elevatr door. I have kept all the developers tools active, so you can quickly get there if you want to - when you are in the first room, just press CTRL+X and select room 301 - save first and then try it few times. I tried to make it as intuitive as possible - I have switched from limited number of action to timer - sou you have approximately 18 seconds on each part, but you will be warned when time limit is coming to end. If you would be so kind to test it and then tell me what you think. :)
[close]

That will be all, more will follow shortly. :) Thank you. :)

Latest version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rv2gho8cuyfr981/LonePlanet_Alpha_2015_04_12.zip
"Holy central unit!"

CNC_Acolythe

Hello,

Today I'm uploading working torso of the game. All the locations are there, storyline is complete, you can play from start to the end, including intro and outro. All the rooms are playable, all items that you can get are there. What is missing are some character animations, several animations will get more sprites to make them more smooth, some objects don't have descriptions attached to them jet - but none of this is important for story or any riddle - and I might add some additional animations to improve atmospehere - blinking consoles, leaking water, etc.
I will also rewrite some of the dialogues so that they will make more sense. But I'm not planing any changes to the overall state of the game, so there will be no drastical changes to sense of dialogues.

Therefore I would like to ask anyone who would like to help me to try to play it few times and give me some feedback. I'm doing all I can to catch all the bugs, but any help would be welcome. I will now focus on finishing the game and hopefully it will be complete in less than a month, if everything will go well.

So finally, it's comming! :)
Thank you for help.

Here is link for latest version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2su529jv7igwde0/LonePlanet_Alpha_2015_04_27.zip

"Holy central unit!"

AnasAbdin

Hi CNC_Acolythe!
I started playing and it looks pretty so far :-D just one little question: why did you decide to release it before adding the few details you mentioned?

CNC_Acolythe

Well.. :grin::grin: Fistly - I need you guys to look for bugs that I might have missed (I bet they are there), secondly - the "few details" i mention will still make big difference in the final version (mainly character animations and sounds) and thirdy - I don't look at this as the release, It's just more consistent alphaverson. :D ;)
"Holy central unit!"

CNC_Acolythe

You got me thinking , Mr. AnasAbdin... :D  I have decided, that apart from making finished version .. well .. finished, I will add at least two new locations. :) So that you still have something to look forward to. :)
"Holy central unit!"

CNC_Acolythe

Hi everybody!

I must apologise for neglecting this post a little in the past few month(s). But I have not been neglecting development and I'm happy to say that game is very close to finish now. :) I am waiting for some final spellcheck and in the meantime I'm putting more sounds to the game. It gained quite a lot: I've added few new locations, one more "big" puzzle and filled it with much more "atmo-animations" (that small animated windows that pops up sometimes). I will update main post sometime today with some new pictures and information, so if you haven't forgot about this - stay tuned. :D

Have a nice day!
"Holy central unit!"

CNC_Acolythe

"Holy central unit!"

AnasAbdin

Congrats!
And I'm the first to download and play :-D :-D :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk