AGSEditor using mono

Started by bgordebak, Fri 15/08/2014 11:05:42

Previous topic - Next topic

bgordebak

I don't know if it's too much to ask, because I don't know anything about .NET, but would it be possible to make the AGS Editor mono compatible? That way it would run on Linux natively.

I'd love that, if it's not too much trouble.

Crimson Wizard

There were several discussions about this, and this is, theoretically, in plans.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50617.0
The biggest problem, AFAIK, is the native C++ dynamic library used by the Editor, which still contains much functionality. It should be rewritten to C# first.

bgordebak

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 15/08/2014 11:21:33
The biggest problem, AFAIK, is the native C++ dynamic library used by the Editor, which still contains much functionality. It should be rewritten to C# first.

Hmm, I see. Thanks. Good to know it's being considered though.

Sslaxx

Quote from: bgordebak on Fri 15/08/2014 11:28:30
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 15/08/2014 11:21:33

Hmm, I see. Thanks. Good to know it's being considered though.
You may want to talk to Calin Leafshade about it.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Calin Leafshade

I'm making progress, damnit!

Scintilla has been stripped out now and the replacement is about 80% complete.

All the drawing and CLib functions in native will be easy to convert which just leaves the compiler which is beyond my skill level i'm afraid.

RickJ

Calin,

May I ask what you are using for the new editor? Do you have a lkink?  Thanks

Calin Leafshade

xenogia

Interestingly enough Microsoft just open-sourced .NET which would make editors more viable for Mac and Linux.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-open-source-more-of-net-and-bring-it-to-linux-mac-os-x-7000035716/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk