AGS Group

Started by Baron, Thu 28/08/2014 04:24:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 07/09/2014 04:37:53
Dear Miss Adventure,

can i learn how to stop my brain from making up more and more intersting plots that could be a cool game and learn to ffocus on one projetc?
and can I also learn to love the act of slowing muh brainz?
and how do i get rid of this caffeine addiction?

Dear selmiak,
    All things being equal, it is unlikely that every new idea you have is demonstrably more interesting than every single idea you've ever had beforehand.  Recognizing your neophilic tendencies is the first step to overcoming them.  A good next step would be to submit a collection of all of your ideas to a sympathetic and trustworthy audience and use their reaction as a sounding board to find out which is likely to be the actual best idea you've had.  Since you seem to have issues with commitment, I suggest creating a short demo of that amazing idea and disseminating it in order to reconfirm that you are on the right track.
    As for slowing down your brain and caffeine addiction, the two might really just be the same problem.  Your active mind appears to need no additional stimulation: I would recommend switching your addiction to a mild depressant like alcohol.

-M.A.

Ghost

Quote from: Baron on Sun 07/09/2014 17:31:03
Your active mind appears to need no additional stimulation: I would recommend switching your addiction to a mild depressant like alcohol.

Alternatively, lace your coffee with energy drinks. Add some dextrose while you're at it, and watch those colours fly!

Cassiebsg

Not sure about what anyone else thinks, but think that with at least 4 new ones (not sure about Adeel :p ) wishing to join a group, that's enough to start a new group up, no? With place to grow slightly to 6-7.
No?

Baron, it's your project. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Baron

Yes, this solves a lot of our expansion problems: it's so much easier when a bunch of people want to join at once!  Ghost and I have spent the better part of a week discussing possible expansion formats and negotiating which group can cram in just one more member, but just starting a new group will be so much simpler!

So stand-by guys, and I'll try to get you all the paper work in the next day or so.  ;-D

Ghost

Quote from: Baron on Sat 13/09/2014 03:15:17
So stand-by guys, and I'll try to get you all the paper work in the next day or so.  ;-D

And welcome aboard!

Ghost

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Sat 13/09/2014 08:22:17
This is a great idea!  Yes, I'm throwing yet another hat into the ring. :)

We require a photo of the HAT.

Baron

Right!  In case you're still trying to peek in from the outside without actually getting involved, we've just set up our third group!  Here's where we are at:

AGSA (or Adventure Game Studio Addicts) - 8 members.

Devs-Anon (or Developers Anonymous) - 7 members.

The PCA (or the Point & Click Association) - 6 members

....for a grand total of 21 members!  Considering each member has at least one project on the go, that means a lot of quality AGS games are coming down the pipeline, so stay tuned! ;-D

Gurok

Awwww, I was hoping the third group would be in keeping with the drug+alcohol addiction theme. The Point & Click Clinic?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Adeel

Don't get your hopes high, dear Lord Baron. At most, 20 games would be released. Don't you try to pressure me into releasing one! :=

Baron

Quote from: Gurok on Sun 14/09/2014 01:50:29
Awwww, I was hoping the third group would be in keeping with the drug+alcohol addiction theme. The Point & Click Clinic?

Any group can rename themselves if they can agree on a new name....  Just count yourself lucky that I vetoed Ghost's "Sharknado Sisters" before it could be implemented. (roll)

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sun 14/09/2014 09:12:24
Don't get your hopes high, dear Lord Baron. At most, 20 games would be released. Don't you try to pressure me into releasing one! :=

But others have multiple projects on the go, which will more than make up for it if you choose not to release.  Unless you have somehow developed the unwholesome power of releasing negative games, in which case may god have mercy on us all. 8-0

Ghost

Quote from: Baron on Mon 15/09/2014 03:36:18
Just count yourself lucky that I vetoed Ghost's "Sharknado Sisters" before it could be implemented. (roll)

Say whatever you want, it would at the very least least make one hell of a movie! (laugh)

Dualnames

Name: Dualnames (James Spanos)
Interested in Group (Yes/No/Tentative): Yes
Game Dev Skill (Beginner/Intermediate/Jedi Master): MADMAX (joking aside, I'd say pretty good)
Project Status (Starting/Middle/Ending/Post Production): Middle (I'm currently into [number of projects] projects and they're all in all of these stages
Estimated Project Completion: 1 year +

So, let me know.

Edit: Forgot to mention that one of these projects is with Aprilskies, but I don't mind placcement, unless Andrea states differently.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

abstauber

This should be the current member list - am I missing anyone?

AGSADevs-AnonPCA
ProblemScavengerJunkface
KodiakBehrGurokWeston_Kaunk
Stupot+CassiebsgHanaIndyana
Monsieur OUXXHaggisAdeel S. Ahmed
LascaGhostCuiki
BaronEricabstauber
Intense Degree AprilSkies--

So I think the PCA is the place for you :)

Problem

AGSA also has a couple of free slots. At the moment there are only 5 active people in our group (or 4 if you count team ProblemBehr as one). So if more people want to enter, now would be a good time.

Dualnames

Should I make this decision? Or should Baron decide for me?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Problem

The first two groups were thrown together randomly, because most people preferred a lottery. I don't think anybody will object if you just choose your group, if you have a preference. Or you can make your own one-man-lottery ;)

Dualnames

Oh man, this so hard to choose, I will go with PCA to even things, plus more new faces there. So does PCA send me a chain mail at some point?

KodiakBehr

Argghhhh the pains of rejection!

Lasca

Well, I guess we in the AGSA got the next theme set: "Coping with Rejection".
This must be the real reason why we have these groups.

Dualnames

It's impossible for me too choose a team. If AGSA is outnumbered i don't mind joining AGSA, whatever guys, whichever group needs me, i do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk