AGS Group

Started by Baron, Thu 28/08/2014 04:24:48

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Ah! So bad to be rejected!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Cassiebsg

Best rejection phrase ever: "We'll ring you and let you know..." (and of course, that~s the last you hear from "them"...(wrong)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cuiki

Just join all the groups, Dualnames! ;-D
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

AGA

PCA seems to have fewer experienced people than the other groups.  Plus the one fewer member (overall - activity not counting) would make it a sensible choice.  Any (serious...) objections?

Cassiebsg

1. How to Gain Entry into a Group:  There are two acceptable methods.  1) Post in this thread, and we'll try to hook you up to an existing group or a newly formed group, depending on current numbers.  2) PM someone in the Group that you want to join indicating your interest in joining the group.  In both cases someone will mention in their weekly PM to the group that so-and-so wants to join the group and ask if there are any serious objections.  If there are none within 72 hours of that PM it is presumed that the new member is welcomed, after which he should be added to the PM list for that group.

We need to update that last line to "after which he should be added to the PM list for that group."
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Dualnames

Quote from: Cuiki on Fri 14/11/2014 22:35:17
Just join all the groups, Dualnames! ;-D

Yeah, lol. Also hello, cuiki!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Baron

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 14/11/2014 23:33:15
We need to update that last line to "after which he should be added to the PM list for that group."

Yes, that should be updated.  I'm not sure if we ever published the updated format to the broader community, so I guess some explaining is in order.  Based on group member feedback we decided that the PM-only route of communication was a bit unwieldy and have transitioned to a PM/Private Forum format.  This keeps the group business and on-topic discussions more organized, while still allowing for that personal touch with PM communication.

Edit: Updated!

The consensus in AGSA anyway is that we are willing to take on another member or two to sub-in for currently dormant members.  So if there are more people interested in AGS group do post your interest here.  :)

The smallest group is still PCA, though, so I agree that that is probably the best placement for Dualnames at this time.

Gurok

Secret Illuminati forums exposed!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Dualnames

So at some point when my userstatus updated and includes PCA i should be able to view a certain private subforum, amirite?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Baron

First you have to take the red pill.  Then your eyes will be opened. ;)

Dualnames

The mystic answers though!

Stupot

I've PMed Baron but then I saw this so I'll post here too. I'm unfortunately going to have to pull out of AGSA. I've not been giving myself enough time to dedicate to my game. It's definitely a useful scheme for people who can actually keep doing something week by week to report on, but for me that's not happening so I'm going to pull out for now. Maybe further down the line I'll come crying back with my tail between my legs, but for now I think my spot could be better used by someone who actually has something to show off each week.

Sorry guys.

Adeel

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 15/11/2014 05:54:32
Spoiler
I've PMed Baron but then I saw this so I'll post here too. I'm unfortunately going to have to pull out of AGSA. I've not been giving myself enough time to dedicate to my game. It's definitely a useful scheme for people who can actually keep doing something week by week to report on, but for me that's not happening so I'm going to pull out for now. Maybe further down the line I'll come crying back with my tail between my legs, but for now I think my spot could be better used by someone who actually has something to show off each week.

Sorry guys.
[close]

Don't leave the group, Stu. Instead, consider switching to PCA. I've not showed even a little progress. But no one in my group seems to mind (maybe they do but don't show it :P). If PCA is fine with one passive member, I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms (I do).

AGA

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 15/11/2014 01:46:18
So at some point when my userstatus updated and includes PCA i should be able to view a certain private subforum, amirite?

Some point being now.

Dualnames

Kasander

Hi guys and gals, this is old AGS junkie trying to go back to his point-and-click compulsion and reintroduce a healthy dose of code to the system. Any free slots out there?

Interested in Group: Yes
Game Dev Skill : somewhere between Beginner and Intermediate
Project Status: Starting
Estimated Project Completion: 6-10 months (positive thinking FTW!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk