Astronaut (working title)

Started by JackAnimated, Tue 19/08/2014 19:42:43

Previous topic - Next topic

JackAnimated

An adventure that touches upon the themes of tragedy, delusion and friendship. Set in the quiet of space this epic thriller will keep you guessing up until the end.

In the very early stages at the moment, but I am getting the art done. Story is done.

Here are two screengrabs:

Darth Mandarb

Please review the Forum Rules and update your post as required.

Thanks.

Ibispi

Hi Jack,
just wanted to say that your game sounds intriguing! Because of the unusual perspective for an adventure game, it reminds me a lot of Dreamweb.
Good luck on your project! :)

Lasca

Reminds me of... Was it Alien: Breed, for the Amiga?

JackAnimated

Thanks. Dreamweb is a big influence on the visual style of the game. I also remember Alien Breed. I played both first on my Amiga 500 a long long time ago :)

Grim

I'll join you in your Amiga references club;)

Looks good!

StillInThe90s

Nice approach to make it top-down. The screens look really good.
Only problem I see with this perspective in AGS is that character movement tends to be very jagged and twitchy (without a lot of dynamic sprite rotation magic). I never got it looking ok but you might.

JackAnimated

Quotea main character who suspiciously much like yours

Are you insinuating something StillInThe90s? All my graphics are hand drawn by me. I hope that all your graphics are your own too.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: StillInThe90s on Tue 26/08/2014 12:25:05For the record: The game I'm currently working on is also a kind of space-ish thriller, with a main character who looks suspiciously much like yours. -Bummer.

Quote from: JackAnimated on Tue 26/08/2014 13:13:30Are you insinuating something StillInThe90s? All my graphics are hand drawn by me. I hope that all your graphics are your own too.

Let's nip this in the bud before it escalates... I'm sure it's just a coincidence but if there are any question(s) on the matter please take them into PMs to keep this thread uncluttered!

Thanks!

cacaro

That looks like Dreamweb in space.

I like it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk