The unprintable MAGENTA - updated Nov. 24

Started by Fitz, Mon 08/09/2014 11:09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Looking good! (nod)

Spoiler

Good it's a one day fly... (laugh)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

(laugh)(laugh)

Ok I familierized with them!

I approve them, especially yellow's panties ROFL

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Fitz

I've just uploaded the 1000th sprite in the game! To celebrate this huge milestone, I give you: a look at an animated location where the sprite is used!

Meanwhile, I'm hard at work on the the final boss battle -- and it's shaping up to be pretty epic! It'll span over three rooms -- of which the first is alllllllmost done. The dialogues are crazy, the animations insane and cameos are plenty!

Gurok

Uploaded? Is that because you're using source control?

The animated background is really cool! I still love everything I see in this style and I'll definitely be giving it a play when it's finished.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Fitz

My bad, I meant "imported" :P It's just that "upload" is the first word that comes to mind. The bottom line is, it's 1000 images in the game -- not including backgrounds and rejected stuff! And I'm still going -- and loving it more and more, actually :) So yeah, it might still take a while -- and then some, depending on whether or not I decide to add a full-blown animated intro like I did with "Gray".

But I'm getting there! :)

Monsieur OUXX

I love this last image. Very simple (apparently only!) but visually powerful. I always had a thing for black/gray/red old-school gradients ;)

Fitz

I've finally sat down to re-work the original background for the first location:

It's not a far cry from the original -- I basically made a more intricate brickwork, with each brick differing in shade, cast a light over the display and added an awning. It's still work-in-progress: might add a few little touches here -- AND change the letters -- but overall, I like it, as simple as it is.

The past two weeks didn't see much progress in the gameplay area. I was mostly busy developing and implementing a checkpoint system -- with quickloads and menu access at all times, which is not something AGS likes. So there was a lot of work, a lot of ugly, ugly code -- but clunky as it is, it works :) What does it mean for you as the players? If you fail, you can easily access either the last checkpoint -- or any previous save slot -- at any time. Also, prepare for fun checkpoint/achievement badges and titles -- such as, say, LoveFist (who can tell me, without the help of Uncle Google, where I took that one from?).

And last but not least -- THE GAME'S GOING TO HAVE SOME MUSIC!!! :cheesy: I approached Problem, who did the soundtrack for Visitor 3, figuring the kind of music he did there would really work with the "lonely girl traversing the city by night, looking for trouble" type of story. He liked what he'd seen so far -- and so he agreed. I have nothing to show just yet, since his priority at the moment is Rogue State -- but last week he told me he already had a few ideas. If you'd like to hear what captivated me, though, check out Visitor 3's OST, which he made available for download.

And if you haven't played Visitor 3 yet -- DO SO! NOW!

AnasAbdin

I really love this game :-D looking at the characters makes me wanna chat and tease them! Good going getting problem help you with the music. Best of luck Fitzy fitz ;)

Fitz

Haven't updated in a while -- and took a two-week break from the game, to relax, read a book, play some games -- but it's progressing :) I'm putting some finishing touches to the penultimate room -- which has some pretty awesome cutscenes and is by far the trickiest level, with the meanest, most unfair puzzles (laugh). After that, the last round should be a piece of cake!

And here's the final boss -- disguised as a well-known game karakter... ;)

CrashPL

Hooray for late-game unfair puzzles (and cutscenes)! :D Can't wait to see it in action!

selmiak

Fitz

Speaking of finishing -- the game's now playable from start to finish :grin: The last boss battle has been designed, written, scripted and drawn. I'm probably more surprised than anybody, given how long the previous boss battle rounds took to develop. It's simplier than the former two -- but it's evil and twisted in its own way (laugh)

There are still quite a few things to be done -- including some final cutscenes, credits a large part of audio editing... And the music! How's that going, Problem? I'm also toying with the idea of a full blown intro. We'll see :)

selmiak

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 10/06/2015 16:19:19
Speaking of finishing -- the game's now playable from start to finish :grin:

Just seeing your mean grin there, I repeat:
Quote from: selmiak on Sat 06/06/2015 22:43:57
I so want to finish him!

:-D
In case I didn't jokingly spoil something, please add this in :D

NickyNyce

Fitz

It's been over month since the last update -- and I'll honestly and shamelessly confess that I spent most of that time playing Hotline Miami :-D I finished it, then finished it again to get all the password letters. Then, as I kept on playing in the effort to gather all masks, with little success, I rage-quit, deciding life's too short to waste it like that, and rage-uninstalled the game. A few days later, I installed it again and stormed through it, finishing it, gathering all secrets and mosts of the masks in one sitting. Managed to get all masks this time. And then, when I got a B- on a level whose highscore I couldn't beat, before, for some reason I decided I surely could get an A+ if I tried -- on all levels!!! I was wrong... But that didn't stop me from trying -- cleared 8 levels with A+ so far.
But then I remembered there's a different game that needs some attention -- and once I sat down to work on it, it was hard to pull me away from it. I finished the boss battle sequence -- which I expanded beyond what I told you about last time. I made some fun cutscenes. And over this past weekend I finally fleshed out the checkpoint system with icons and captions -- including these:

Still some work left to do -- mostly with the audio editing. And that first room's background, which gets uglier every time I look at it (roll) But I'll get there!

The tentative deadline: August 31, 2015.

AnasAbdin

Ha! How did I miss this :-D
fun stuff Fitz. I'm sure this will bring a lot of fun. Can't wait to love fist this game (laugh)

Fitz

The past week's seen some further development of the game menus and a newly added dialogue tree -- with one dialogue option branching out into four, and those further branching out. Boring, right?

BUT just today I've reached a significant milestone! Finally... after many failed attempts... I have devised...

THE LOGO!!!

AprilSkies

Very nice logo!

even if.... in that logo the magenta was successfully printed!  (laugh) (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk