Leisure Suit Larry 1 (AGI) Remake

Started by arj0n, Tue 16/09/2014 21:25:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

He, he, heee â€" that's cool! Well done! 

arj0n

It's coming along well now.
I had the slots machines already working and skipped working on the blackjack table since I first wanted the game be playable from start to finish.
So this afternoon I've added the blackjack table which is technically working properly now.
It's still using placeholders and some custom 'debug' info though, as you can see, but that's only fine-tuning ;)

AnasAbdin

Great work Arj0n! I am postponing playing the original LSL waiting for this :-D

arj0n

Ha, cool :)

This edition does have some differences though compared to the original 1989 edition.
Some puzzles are improved, one example is the 'whiskey/remote control' puzzle, which
is said by Al himself as being the worst puzzle part in the whole game and the first
thing he would have improved.

So I took such advise, and did improve some stuff. With the help of my awesome testing-
team members Tabata, CW and Cassiebsg by the way, who also on demand perform as
an incredible useful advise-crew for game-flows and puzzles. For which I'm grateful.

:)

FrankT

arj0n

alexpricker

EGA version with point click looking good, but what do you think about remake it to VGA version. I like King Quest conversion to VGA, look very pretty. In nowdays EGA graphic look so Ugly, if you want attract people to your game, make VGA.

Darth Mandarb

alexpricker - STOP POSTING NON-RELATED IMAGES

This discussion/thread is about Leisure Suit Larry 1 (AGI) Remake ONLY.  He has decided to do it in AGI, end of discussion.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: alexpricker on Fri 24/04/2015 14:33:32In nowdays EGA graphic look so Ugly, if you want attract people to your game, make VGA.

I hope you realize that its a very subjective statement?
For example, I still like the low-res and low-color games, and find them stylish, if they are made well. That is the reason I volunteered to test this game.
Besides, the author's intention may not be attracting as many people as possible, but attracting particular people only.

alexpricker

Sorry for IMHO. Good job, I'l be waiting for next your game. Write me PM if want to translate game into Russian.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: alexpricker on Fri 24/04/2015 16:15:43
Sorry for IMHO.
Well, you should not be sorry for the opinion... I was just trying to explain that Arjon is making it EGA simply because he likes it in EGA.
People here are not always aiming at making super-popular game for money, sometimes they simply make something they themselves and their friends would enjoy.

Blackthorne

Yeah, I absolutely love this!!  I love the AGI graphics in this game.  Hell, I'd love to do an "AGI" demake of LSL2 like this game.  And fix some of the problems with that game! Hahah... so many fun game related things I'd love to do, and too little time

Anyway, Arj0n, this looks awesome! I definitely want to play this.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk