Background Blitz - Spacestation Interior - until 17th of October

Started by selmiak, Thu 25/09/2014 21:02:05

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Spacestation Interior

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/uoSjGMu.jpg[/imgzoom]

Will your future spacestation be designed by apple and have clean surfaces, straight lines and shiny and well designed buttons everywhere or will it be the steampunky linux opposite with a diesel motor that somehow dropped out of burning man.
Will you show us the bridge with all the controls for the station and a panorama view on the planet the station is orbiting, or will you show us the crowded canteen with the delicous nutrientmush, or do you want to show a biohabitat for oxygen production with all the science happening there, the dirty engine room where people are still sweating in space, the crowded and chaotic cargo bay?

The entry has to usable in AGS. And it has to be a spacestation... and not a moon!
Deadline is October the 17 2014.

don't fear, trophys might appear exactly here, maybe they are even in the form of an ear...
actually no, I just wrote if for the rhyme (laugh)
Now get busy, get creative, can't wait to see what you come up with.

formica

Sweet :)
Couldn't leave this one alone but I'm meant to be doing uni work. I'll leave this here in case I don't get to finish it later.

selmiak

sweet indeed, an entry already.
What do you mean, finish it? This looks great already!

Cassiebsg

Looking great! :)

If I have time, I may try and get in on this one. Would give me a good excuse to work on a BG to my wishful Battlestar Galactica game. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

formica

Hey thanks guys :D Can't wait to see some other entries

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 01/10/2014 15:00:24
sweet indeed, an entry already.
What do you mean, finish it? This looks great already!

Oh, just haven't done a pixel pass yet. And the 'colour's are a cheap photoshop filter (laugh)

AprilSkies

OH WOW formica !!!!!!!!!!!  8-0 8-0
I love it! No Kidding! You're really great!

And Selmiak ... This comp is really interesting! Dunno if I'll find the time to draw an entire background.. but I love this theme!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

selmiak

not even a week left, sharpen your pencil, hug your mouse, get out your drawing tablet...

Cassiebsg

I won't make it, am still doing the 2D plan and have yet to start lifting walls, much less adding detail, lights and rendering, unless I actually sit and hand draw a BG...

Monsieur OUXX

selmiak

@Cassie: I would love to see how far you got with what sounds like some 3d artwork

@ouxx: Be strong! ;) 8-)

Cassiebsg

Oh please, selmiak, don't expect too much... if I work as much on it as I have done in the last few days, it won't be more than a few 2D lines... :embarrassed:
I'm still trying to catch up on RL, that I neglected to be able to meet MAGS deadline.

selmiak

Oh cassie, I wouldn't mind seeing your sketch with some colors, I'm pretty confident it looks good already  ;-D

@Ouxx: Don't get me wrong, I mean be strong with your entry in the comp ;)

Cassiebsg

Is this what you want to see?

Not that interesting, but I will start lifting walls now. So maybe it'll look more 3D tomorrow. (roll)
Don't think it can qualify as a BG... though... I could always draw a character from above, with a few lines... (laugh)

selmiak

looks like a doom map, which is already a win in itself ;-D

formica

That is an awesome plan :-D Are you using sketchup or something like that? it looks great!

Cassiebsg

AutoCad. :)
Been using it since about 91, but mostly only 2D and a bit of basic 3D. Am only now learning advanced 3D with it. That 2D shouldn't really had taken me more than a couple hours... instead of... a week? :-[
Oh well.. have a little time now, will go back to doing stairs now. :)

selmiak

So it is 2 days over the deadline already, Do you need/want another extension cassie?
Anyone else working or finishing on something?

Cassiebsg

I can't finish it on time... been all day trying to get the stairs right, and when I thought they were done, I realize they aren't like I thought, so now am redoing them. So right now I have 4 pillars, 5 floor levels, 3 sets of stairs, 2 of them are still wrong, and the other has a little stupid cutout that it's giving me a headache... :undecided:

You can declare formica the winner. :) Congrats, it's a great BG you made!

selmiak

With the only entry (and a really good one at that) formica is the winner of this BG Blitz.

Cassiebsg

Promise this is the last time I disrupt this thread... just thought I'd share my progress for today. (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk