AGS 3.4.0.6 (Alpha) - Builder Patch

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sat 27/09/2014 17:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

Thanks Crimson. I guess i will have to wait till next update before going further with idle views.
Proximity Entertainment

ollj

import void example(int ihaveaproblemwiththisarbituaraylimit=32000);

the limit here is 32000, totally dumb limit, not even a power of 2.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ollj on Wed 19/08/2015 20:22:09
import void example(int ihaveaproblemwiththisarbituaraylimit=32000);

the limit here is 32000, totally dumb limit, not even a power of 2.

E: Okay, I searched for 32000 in the compiler code and found there is a limit of 32000 to the function argument default value. Should be 32-bit signed int max value instead.

rmonic79

hi guys, we are trying to use wheel to scroll dialogue using customdialoggui(or better the simplified version in nine verbs template cause we had strange behaviour with full version) but the wheel choose answers instead of scroll it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: rmonic79 on Wed 26/08/2015 18:33:33
hi guys, we are trying to use wheel to scroll dialogue using customdialoggui(or better the simplified version in nine verbs template cause we had strange behaviour with full version) but the wheel choose answers instead of scroll it.
Is this beavior different in 3.4.0 compared to previous versions (3.2, 3.3)?
Also, I am not sure what is "customdialoggui" and what is the difference between simplified and full version of nine verbs template. Maybe it is better to ask in the related module thread?

rmonic79

Crimson Wizard

I think it might be a bug in 9 verb template. For 3.4 version they have these commands executed even for mouse wheel:
Code: ags

info.Update();  // <--- this redraws dialog options
info.RunActiveOption(); // <--- this runs selected dialog topic

I would suggest to do this instead:

info.Update();
if (button != eMouseWheelNorth && button != eMouseWheelSouth)
    info.RunActiveOption();

However, I do not know how this template works now, maybe there are other things that needs correction. It is better talk to template creator about this.

abstauber

In dialogscript.asc go to line 708 and do this change.

old

info.RunActiveOption();

new
  if (button != eMouseWheelSouth && button != eMouseWheelNorth) info.RunActiveOption();

edit: hehe I just realized that it's exactly what CW suggested - anyway you now have the line number ;)

rmonic79

Neo_One

For the work all of you are doing.

There is a date for the release?

Crimson Wizard

:).

Regarding release, after Nick Sonneveld set up an automatic build server, and also started to introduce automatic tests, we are discussing to move to a faster release rate (a finalized public release after every big change). With this in mind, there is a number of minor problems to fix, after which we may start a more official "beta test".

I pretty well know that people will worry about other stuff I promised to add (I made too many promises I could not keep in past years :/). But we will start working on these right when we have free time, which may be in parallel with beta test process.

Lastly, I was not mentioning this until now, but I made an agreement with the management in the company I work to switch to half-time schedule roughly in the end of September, which will give me extra time to work on AGS.

proximity

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 31/08/2015 19:10:27
:).

Regarding release, after Nick Sonneveld set up an automatic build server, and also started to introduce automatic tests, we are discussing to move to a faster release rate (a finalized public release after every big change). With this in mind, there is a number of minor problems to fix, after which we may start a more official "beta test".

I pretty well know that people will worry about other stuff I promised to add (I made too many promises I could not keep in past years :/). But we will start working on these right when we have free time, which may be in parallel with beta test process.

Lastly, I was not mentioning this until now, but I made an agreement with the management in the company I work to switch to half-time schedule roughly in the end of September, which will give me extra time to work on AGS.

That's good news Crimson. Also i'm curious about something. Weren't you in the makers of Journey Down games or i just remember wrong ? I'm asking that because you should already have made money from it :smiley: Why do you still have to work ? :smiley:

By the way, i'm proceeding my game with the latest version (3.4.0.6 now) of alpha. Resolution : 1920*1080, 32-bit (big) alpha sprites. I will continue to give feedback as i proceed, especially about visual issues.
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: proximity on Mon 31/08/2015 21:41:06
That's good news Crimson. Also i'm curious about something. Weren't you in the makers of Journey Down games or i just remember wrong ?
No, not at all, I was beta testing the low-resolution version back when it was made with AGS, that's probably why I am mentioned in the credits.

Snarky

That's good news for us, CW! Hope you enjoy the new work-work balance. :P

Proximity, if you think a commercial game release means guaranteed instant retirement, you have another think coming. (laugh)

Neo_One

Good news ;-D

I`m very interested in this ide (engine) to develop my(s) game(s). Even over Adventure Creator (Unity) or Visionaire Studio (after the release or the new version of AGS this engines have no reason for being)

(Sorry for my english "es un poco pobre" XD)

Neo_One

Sorry if i'm some heavy.
Will be a Linux version (.dev)?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Wed 02/09/2015 22:24:54
Sorry if i'm some heavy.
Will be a Linux version (.dev)?
Linux is supported for a long time now (minus some issues):
Source repository is here: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags

If you mean having Editor building Linux version itself, this option is supported, but I did not add Linux component to the latest release (3.4.0.6). I will add it when I have time.
Of course it will be part of final release.

Neo_One

Yes, i mean have the executable file (like Blender). Always i try compile it show this message:

AGS: Adventure Game Studio v3.3 Interpreter
Copyright (c) 1999-2011 Chris Jones and 2011-2015 others
ACI version 3.3.4.2

AGS: *** ENGINE STARTUP ***
AGS: Reading config file
AGS: Initializing allegro
AGS: Setting up window
AGS: Initializing game data
AGS: Game data file could not be found

ERROR: Unable to find game data files

Usage: ags [OPTIONS] [GAMEFILE or DIRECTORY]

Options:
  --windowed                   Force display mode to windowed
  --fullscreen                 Force display mode to fullscreen
  --hicolor                    Downmix 32bit colors to 16bit
  --letterbox                  Enable letterbox mode
  --gfxfilter <filter>         Enable graphics filter. Available options:
                                 StdScale2, StdScale3, StdScale4, Hq2x or Hq3x
  --log                        Enable program output to the log file
  --no-log                     Disable program output to the log file,
                                 overriding configuration file setting
  --help                       Print this help message

Gamefile options:
  /dir/path/game/              Launch the game in specified directory
  /dir/path/game/penguin.exe   Launch penguin.exe
  [nothing]                    Launch the game in the current directory

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Thu 03/09/2015 17:07:08
Yes, i mean have the executable file (like Blender). Always i try compile it show this message:
This message means that it cannot find the game file. Do you have one, and where is it located? Which command line arguments do you use?

Currently AGS does not merge game data to executable for Linux. You need to have at least two files: compiled engine (from the sources I linked to) and game file (your own game, or anyone elses).

Neo_One

I thought it works like windows, double click and go to the ide to develop my game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk